PDA

View Full Version : Just for a laugh

pax britanica
13th Jan 2024, 18:01
From the Royal Gazette, newspaper of Bermuda, it is possibly the most unrealistic proposed air route ever even compared to the occasional fantasies on Pprune . Perhaps the completely new aircraft type shown can make the trip without using fue of any kind

https://www.royalgazette.com/transport/news/article/20240107/bermuda-ghana-flights-proposed/

N707ZS
13th Jan 2024, 21:57
Sounds like Greek owners, Malaka air.

davidjohnson6
13th Jan 2024, 22:44
I think posting somebody's idea just to have a giggle at how stupid you think they are is not on.
What would you have said to a ship navigator from Genoa who wanted to sail west fron the westernmost piece of land known to European civilisation ? Surely a suicide mission ?

We all have ideas that can seem crazy to others. Those who never fail have never even tried. Venture capitalists and investors see new ideas all the time... the aim should be to nudge the idea generators in what you think is the right direction - not subject them to public pillory for daring to test the waters with their idea.
Ridicule should be reserved for those who don't want to listen, should know better or seem to be fraudulent... not for naive dreamers

BA318
13th Jan 2024, 22:47
Reminds me of the Antigua Airways flights from Nigeria where most of the passengers disappeared and ended up being an immigration nightmare.

Given Bermuda doesn’t get much more than a London service the idea that there is more demand for flights to west Africa than say Germany, Switzerland or similar big economies seems a bit off to me.

421dog
13th Jan 2024, 23:02
Flew there a few times on charters in aerostars and 421’s. Needed to have the avgas barged in, as they don’t seek it there.

Really nice people.

pax britanica
14th Jan 2024, 14:39
I do understand about what is sadi about making fun of such things but the reality is that honest people do often get sucked into them and lose financially. There have been plenty of examples on here . I was just pointing out that this is an extremely unlikely venture and if the promoters cannot find the time money or competence to show picture of an aircraft that actually exists it does become something of a joke .and perhaps that factor helps people properly asses the value of the idea.. As to the comparison with the age of exploration I dont think the comparison is setting sail to the west where little is know and the risks involved but more like trying to sail on a route with imperfect equipment and known dangers.
SoI am truly sorry if I offended anyone but it did strike me as really bizarre even compared with some of the ventures chronicled her