PDA

View Full Version : CNY Industrial Action

ZootBoot
12th Jan 2024, 03:15
Any truth in the rumour the unions (FAU/HKAOA) are planning action over CNY with massive disruption to flights?

Sleepy Joe
12th Jan 2024, 08:38
Not a chance!!! They couldn’t even stop working on days off, answering the phone when not required and joining training or being promoted within the training department when the AoA held the cards a few years back …………why would they suddenly grow a pair now ?????

Babyjet_dododo
12th Jan 2024, 14:14
As GH said, “the law is on our side” - this was seen during the 49ers and during COS18 mass implementation.

Any form of industrial action will quickly result in termination of anyone who takes part

Zapp_Brannigan
12th Jan 2024, 14:18
Can they afford to terminate a few hundred pilots?

They already showed the public how much they screwed by cutting on the workforce when times were bad. Will they be able to justify a further cut when times are good and when they desperately need to attract talent?

Babyjet_dododo
12th Jan 2024, 14:44
Can they afford to terminate a few hundred pilots?

They already showed the public how much they screwed by cutting on the workforce when times were bad. Will they be able to justify a further cut when times are good and when they desperately need to attract talent?

They would rather save face than lose face and be perceived as weak. They’ll sack, apologise to the government, the CCP, temporary cut destinations or reduce frequency and open up DEC applications. Thats the CX way!

pill
12th Jan 2024, 15:42
Let me just see my Feb roster before getting to vocal.

Sleepy Joe
12th Jan 2024, 15:46
Say what you want ……….your still not getting a pay rise .

Bekol delay
12th Jan 2024, 23:10
Let me just see my Feb roster before getting to vocal.
Version 1 of xxxx? You know it will bear no resemblance to what you end up doing, so why wait?

Silent Treatment
13th Jan 2024, 07:50
I won’t wait for any union to decide what action I need to take. That decision is between me and my doctor's notepad…regardless of my February roster.

dingodyle
14th Jan 2024, 04:28
I won’t wait for any union to decide what action I need to take. That decision is between me and my doctor's notepad…regardless of my February roster.

Same. Too bad some old mate will work on his day off to replace me.

KABOY
14th Jan 2024, 10:32
As GH said, “the law is on our side” - this was seen during the 49ers and during COS18 mass implementation.

Any form of industrial action will quickly result in termination of anyone who takes part

Any improvement of COS18 gets written on a piece of toilet paper, that when the time is right is quickly discarded into the place it was meant to be sent.

COS 18 affords you no protection, payrise today and then a paycut tomorrow. There is nothing you can do about it…

How CX can say it’s market competitive when there is ZERO protections, that is the same speak that car dealers will tell you when they sell a car. It’s market competitive but no warranty(protection).

A market competitive contract has protections as well as remuneration, so compare that to the market offerings.

You are living in an orphanage, you get told what to do and fed what they want you to eat. No amount of protesting or complaining will change the long term outcome.