PDA

View Full Version : Modular training / Romania vs Poland

silverlik
11th Jan 2024, 08:21
Hi prunners,

New wannabe pilot here, looking for an advice from you guys.
My total budget will be around 40k for a frozen ATPL license trough the modular path, and now I am looking towards Romanian SSAVC and Smart Aviation in Ponzan, Poland.
The thing is that I would go for Romania, but I never seem to find any reviews about the school and most important if it will affect your job opportunities, will I have any problems after if I go there, employers might reject me because of that?
Any advices will be great !

Richard_
17th Jan 2024, 13:40
look into adriana aviation in poland alot cheaper than smart aviation and time frame to finish can be as much as 6-7 weeks in good weather , they also have onsite accommodation literally wake up have breakfast and outside the dorm door is the planes awaiting for flying etc

silverlik
18th Jan 2024, 08:24
Hi Richard,
Thank you for you're answer, the thing is that I will do modular training just because I need to work in the same time, now I am in 4 on 4 off roster and I was thinking to go in the 4 days off in Poznan / Bucharest as the schools are near big airports (I have staff travel as I work in inflight training for an airline, so it won't be a big dent in the budget).
If you did your traning there, do you have any recommandation for car rentals at least, or how did you get by?
Kind regards,
Radu