PDA

View Full Version : DLR test training advises

achab
7th Jan 2024, 15:21
Hi everyone,
on the 29th of February 2024 I will have to undertake the DLR test.
After purchased the test I have received a link to their software to train myself for it.
It is about one week I am usng it, and I have noticed it looks, at least for me, very hard.
So, I have a couple of questions for those who have already undertaken it, and maybe who have passed it.
Have you applied any particular tehnique when solving those exercises? I mean, especially for those memory based, did you find a convenient way to approach and improve your performance?
If any, could you share it?
The second thing I would like to ask is if you could maybe share your results of these training exercises, so that I can have a better idea of how far I am to have a proper preparation to pass the test.
For example, currently, in the RMS exercise (that where a voice says a list of numbers and you have to write them in the inverse order), my best score is of 3.0 (average correct numbers I remember).
I fear this is a quite low score, so it would be interesting for me to know the performance of those who passed the test and work on trying to reach at least the same results.
Thank you very much in advace, Federico

i_havecontrols
7th Feb 2024, 11:02
Hi everyone,
on the 29th of February 2024 I will have to undertake the DLR test.
After purchased the test I have received a link to their software to train myself for it.
It is about one week I am usng it, and I have noticed it looks, at least for me, very hard.
So, I have a couple of questions for those who have already undertaken it, and maybe who have passed it.
Have you applied any particular tehnique when solving those exercises? I mean, especially for those memory based, did you find a convenient way to approach and improve your performance?
If any, could you share it?
The second thing I would like to ask is if you could maybe share your results of these training exercises, so that I can have a better idea of how far I am to have a proper preparation to pass the test.
For example, currently, in the RMS exercise (that where a voice says a list of numbers and you have to write them in the inverse order), my best score is of 3.0 (average correct numbers I remember).
I fear this is a quite low score, so it would be interesting for me to know the performance of those who passed the test and work on trying to reach at least the same results.
Thank you very much in advace, Federico
Try your best ;) Repetition is key here, don't go for the recommended 20 repetitions, but do more.

For RMS, what I like to do is repeat groups of 4 digits (I started with 3) and see how that helps you. With this technique, I'm now on a solid 5.8 average, which is not exactly what I'm aiming for, but it's getting closer and closer. The rest of the tests are a bit easier if you ask me, but still, I practice them a lot. Not much more you can do than practice.

Do you have your DLR test in Milan? If so, pretty big chance I'll be sitting next to you ;)

achab
15th Feb 2024, 15:11
Hi i_havecontrols,

thank you very much for your answer and I apologize for my late reply but the past week someone stole my backpack with wallet, documents, home keys and phone...such a disaster....

Yes, I have noticed too that for this kind of things there is nothing better than doing and doing again...quite stressful because I am stronger in reasoning before remembering but that's it...
is your 5.8 score referred to the highest level (the fast one without feedback)? To me it is quite impressive as currently I am still at 4.08....and yes, I will undertake my DLR test in Milan on the 29th of February, so we'll meet for sure there.
Are you from Italy as well?
Kind regards,
Federico

i_havecontrols
15th Feb 2024, 16:37
Hi i_havecontrols,

thank you very much for your answer and I apologize for my late reply but the past week someone stole my backpack with wallet, documents, home keys and phone...such a disaster....

Yes, I have noticed too that for this kind of things there is nothing better than doing and doing again...quite stressful because I am stronger in reasoning before remembering but that's it...
is your 5.8 score referred to the highest level (the fast one without feedback)? To me it is quite impressive as currently I am still at 4.08....and yes, I will undertake my DLR test in Milan on the 29th of February, so we'll meet for sure there.
Are you from Italy as well?
Kind regards,
Federico
Hey Federico!

Sorry to hear that, what a disaster indeed, I hope everything is taken care of and solved now…

Repetition is super important, but we can only do so much since I have a full time job and I’m sure you’re quite busy as well, but hey, we can’t do more than our best ;-)

I was indeed referring to the fast one without feedback. I think the practice tests are quite well made, I like how they slowly build up to the actual test difficulty level by level.

I’m most afraid about the physics one. The questions are pretty tough, and my physics knowledge needed a good refresher, so that takes a bunch of time too.

I actually live in Germany, but I chose to do the test in Milan because I figured both the weather and the food must be better in Milan than in Hamburg.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you in two weeks. If you have any questions or doubts, or if you want to chat about how I approached things, feel free to send me a PM

flapsupboy
15th Feb 2024, 16:43
ciao federico, i guess you are going to do the DLR for air dolomiti. There's a telegram group with nice feedback if you are not already in it.

Noxy
28th Feb 2024, 21:32
ciao federico, i guess you are going to do the DLR for air dolomiti. There's a telegram group with nice feedback if you are not already in it.
Hey, can you tell me which telegram group Is It? I'd like to join as well

flapsupboy
29th Feb 2024, 16:38
Air dolomiti Pilot Assessment

TrapMight
1st Mar 2024, 21:20
I will also do the test very soon. I hope it goes well