PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Blue and ETOPS

B767MAD
3rd Sep 2002, 12:01
Just wondering about the following please guys and gals ...

1. Does VB have ETOPS approval?

2.If yes , when did they get it ?

3. For how many minutes is it ?

4. Where can they fly with it?

5. Is it just for the 737-700/800's ? Not the -400?

If VB expand as one company into international services , will they require new ETOPS approvals or will the already approved remain current to new routes eg: HK / AKL?

I have already done a search on CASA and found their requirements and understand them fully. Just need some info on VB's side of things.

AN LAME
11th Sep 2002, 10:54
The recent audit of VB found they do not have a reliability program in place along with many other maintenance issues. Until they are rectified there won't be any ETOPS by VB - 300 or 800

fruitloop
11th Sep 2002, 11:06
Which Audit ???:D

Dehavillanddriver
11th Sep 2002, 13:48
AN LAME

Sorry but you are incorrect.

If you are going to try and air dirty laundry, at least get it right!

AN LAME
12th Sep 2002, 04:18
DeHav
Which aspect is incorrect?
I have the 'dirty laundry' as YOU put it from a very reliable source.However. it may not be the only reason they don't have ETOPS currently. You wouldn't be one of those VB people who scream blue murder if something negative is said about Virgin would you? After all, this is a rumour network - is it not?

CI300
13th Sep 2002, 03:50
ex AN LAME. You dont have the monopoly on knowledge, but you sure are quick to quote from your mates. We all have reliable sources.

AN LAME
13th Sep 2002, 05:02
CI300
I can't recall stating I had a monopoly. And I thought quoting from sources, whomever they may be, was an acceptable past time on this forum. Would you like me to post a blank response?
Have I said something to upset you?
Once again, what have I said that is incorrect?

Dehavillanddriver
13th Sep 2002, 21:56
I think you will find that there was NO finding that there was no reliability programme - if that makes sense!

Go back to your source and find out the real story!!

There are problems without a doubt, but your reasoon isn't one of them..

edit cause I carnt spel