PDA

View Full Version : Forum failure

oldpax
3rd Jan 2024, 02:40
Couple of forums where you go "first unread" and it does not!Example " what cockpit".Very frustrating!!!!

ZFT
3rd Jan 2024, 03:45
Same issue it tends to go to the last post

Saab Dastard
3rd Jan 2024, 10:28
The usual advice is to clear cache and cookies, which normally corrects the problem. Another solution can be to change the default page view from 20 to 40 posts per page.

IBJoel
3rd Jan 2024, 15:21
Yes, please follow Saab's advice. Or see if you can replicate the problem on a different device. If you can, copy/paste a link to the forum and tell me the name of the thread that's having the issue.

Expatrick
3rd Jan 2024, 16:15
Yes, please follow Saab's advice. Or see if you can replicate the problem on a different device. If you can, copy/paste a link to the forum and tell me the name of the thread that's having the issue.

For me, right now, the JAL thread is a problem - because it doesn't respond to the clearing down process (which usually does work).

Edit: currently locking on post #341, even though last post is #461.

Saab Dastard
3rd Jan 2024, 21:46
For me, right now, the JAL thread is a problem - because it doesn't respond to the clearing down process (which usually does work).

Edit: currently locking on post #341, even though last post is #461.
This happens from time to time on long, busy threads with lots of deletions. You should be able to view all posts if you press reply, where previous posts will be visible, even without actually posting a reply. it usually straightens out after a day or so.

Expatrick
4th Jan 2024, 08:54
This happens from time to time on long, busy threads with lots of deletions. You should be able to view all posts if you press reply, where previous posts will be visible, even without actually posting a reply. it usually straightens out after a day or so.

Ah, deletions - that makes sense! Thanks!