PDA

View Full Version : PPL CASA Flight Testing officer in FNQ

imirage17
3rd Jan 2024, 00:59
Are there any flight testing officers available in FNQ ( Cairns , Mareeba , Atherton,Cooktown ,Innisfail etc) who would accept students they haven’t trained for a PPL flight test. I am waiting for more than 3 months for my PPL flight test and the place I trained apparently couldn’t even schedule me for normal flight bookings and I am tired of emailing ,calling and messaging them for an update and also flight testing officer is not available due to long absence.

Munz
4th Jan 2024, 07:54
Are there any flight testing officers available in FNQ ( Cairns , Mareeba , Atherton,Cooktown ,Innisfail etc) who would accept students they haven’t trained for a PPL flight test. I am waiting for more than 3 months for my PPL flight test and the place I trained apparently couldn’t even schedule me for normal flight bookings and I am tired of emailing ,calling and messaging them for an update and also flight testing officer is not available due to long absence.

Try Matthew at Horizon Airways. They have a base at Innisfail and will travel virtually anywhere.

mustafagander
4th Jan 2024, 08:46
Hey I17,
Maybe best it you travel. Get on the phone and see what you can find, hopefully not too far from home.
I would suggest you book a practice test with the organisation you choose so that you are not an unknown quantity when you fly your test.

vhpjl
4th Jan 2024, 08:50
I’d be giving Bob Harris at Innisfail a call.

beached az
4th Jan 2024, 09:29
If you're willing to travel a little further south, Hoffo at Ayr Flying Services YAYR.
I found myself in a similar predicament to you with a CPL about 20 years ago and Neil was happy to take me on.

Good Luck
BAz :ok:

engine out
4th Jan 2024, 18:30
I’m happy to travel if expenses are covered. However you still need your student records, coarse completion certificate and test recommendation from a flying school before a Flight Examiner can conduct the test. If you can get all those sorted out you’re good to go with any Flight Examiner.

imirage17
4th Jan 2024, 19:44
I’d be giving Bob Harris at Innisfail a call.
Thanks I assumed he does only RAAUS. I will call him today.

imirage17
4th Jan 2024, 19:46
Try Matthew at Horizon Airways. They have a base at Innisfail and will travel virtually anywhere.
Thanks for the reply.

imirage17
4th Jan 2024, 19:48
I’m happy to travel if expenses are covered. However you still need your student records, coarse completion certificate and test recommendation from a flying school before a Flight Examiner can conduct the test. If you can get all those sorted out you’re good to go with any Flight Examiner.

Thanks for the reply. I will message you

RedwireBluewire
4th Jan 2024, 22:04
Thanks I assumed he does only RAAUS. I will call him today.
Not just RAAUS, Bob does everything