PDA

View Full Version : ATPL expired

Kapabel
2nd Jan 2024, 22:35
This is for EASA as I am flying in France.

Hello!
I have finished my last ATPL theoretical exams on the 1st of February 2021. I then started CPL and multi engine training but got caught up with other things and finished only about half a year ago. I then started IR-ME training but I am surely running out of time since the ATPL exam expires soon.
What are my options if there are any?

rudestuff
3rd Jan 2024, 04:00
Get your single engine IR ASAP.

Beaker_
3rd Jan 2024, 08:14
The UK offered six-month extensions for ATPL's taken during COVID. It might be worth checking if France has anything similar. If not, do as rudestuff says and get your IR done without delay!

Contact Approach
3rd Jan 2024, 23:40
This is for EASA as I am flying in France.

Hello!
I have finished my last ATPL theoretical exams on the 1st of February 2021. I then started CPL and multi engine training but got caught up with other things and finished only about half a year ago. I then started IR-ME training but I am surely running out of time since the ATPL exam expires soon.
What are my options if there are any?

You have 36 months from your last atpl exam to obtain your IR. If it’s beyond you have to resit all 14 exams.

flickrollson52
26th Jan 2024, 17:05
Hello Gentlemen,
Last year I did an ICAO to EASA CPL conversion and passed the ATPL exams. My ATPL Theory certificate says I have 3 years for the issue of CPL/IR (that's completed) and "7 years from the last validity date of the IR(A) entered in the CPL(A)".
Does it mean that if I keep my CPL/IR revalidated every year having a regular airline job, I have no time limitation to obtain my ATP License? The times are turbulent and I want to be prepared for the worst-case scenario.
Thanks!