PDA

View Full Version : Studying To Become A Pilot In The US

Piper Warrior Pilot
3rd Sep 2002, 10:23
OK. Ive stood back and took a good long look at Aviation in the UK and Pilot Training and ive found out that its very very expensive (doh i already knew that lol). Anyway im looking at the possibility of going to the US after college to study at Embry Riddle for a degree. Do they offer training in with the degrees?

Also, how much does it cost for the full course etc...

If anyone has any information about them please e-mail me or post on here.

regards

PPRuNe Towers
3rd Sep 2002, 12:58
Using our search engine and an external one will give you masses of information on Embry and the other American flight colleges.

TomPierce
3rd Sep 2002, 19:21
But PWP you have said exactly the same thing on the Mil forum. :confused:

Freak On A Leash
3rd Sep 2002, 19:59
...and here`s the answer; yes they offer degrees and their FAR part 141 course is integrated into the degree in Aeronautical Science.Me thinks their website is www.erau.edu , at least that`s what it was when I was checking them out a couple of years back:p

You also mention that flight training in the UK (as well as elsewhere in Europe) is expensive, well so is the Embry-Riddle course!There are also other universities in the US that have an equivalent offer.I.e. UND.

Don`t have any prices for you, so I guess you`ll have to send them an e-mail or two.If you just want the certificates/licenses you might want to look at a cheaper option...keep in mind that the standards for the checkrides are the smae, and you certificate/license certainly does not indicate where you did your training...;)