PDA

View Full Version : Advice On Florida Flight Schools

Krys
28th Dec 2023, 01:38
Hello everyone, I’m considering attending a flight school in Florida to obtain a dual FAA and EASA APTL license. Currently working on my PPL in the UK, I’ve come across Phoenix East Aviation, which offers this dual course. Can anyone share insights on PEA or recommend other flight schools in Florida that provide a similar dual program? Your input is much appreciated. Thanks!

rudestuff
28th Dec 2023, 06:47
You're nearly 1500 hours away from either an ATP or an ATPL and a 'dual course' doesn't exist. (FAA rules require an ATP before you can get an airline job, EASA rules require you have an airline job before you can have an ATPL.) One step at a time! I would suggest you finish your PPL and concentrate on picking the best route to getting a CPL/IR. Those you can do together.

Brian Pern
28th Dec 2023, 09:45
Echo the above advice.
However, to start a CPL course, you will need to complete your ground school exams, the EASA can be quite difficult and the FAA can be helped with the question book, if they are still available.
Do you have the right to live and work in the USA? if not, why do a FAA License same question with EASA.
Lastly I take it you already have a Class 1 Medical, if not why not, it will save a lot of pain and heartache later