PDA

View Full Version : Trolley charges?

Joe Curry
3rd Sep 2002, 09:02
Can we expect UK airport operators to start charging for
luggage trolley's in the near future.?

They seem to funded by adverts at present.

One blessing, $2 trolley charges in the USA are not subject to
'hidden' tax nor a 15% tip. :)

MarkD
3rd Sep 2002, 09:27
At YYZ you have to put a coin in to release the trolley... they also have a credit card slot but no obvious instructions for use! Luckily [as all my dosh was in $50 notes thanks to the forex place I used] I found one running wild :)

DistantRumble
3rd Sep 2002, 09:32
And in far and away the most stupid decision of the year, Aer Rianta have started charging €1 for a trolley (in the baggage hall ) at EIDW (and outside too, but the baggage hall's the worst).

Even KLAS and KJFK don't do this in the baggage hall - they're free for all - since how are you supposed to have a euro if you've just flown from New York ? - and there's no change machines. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

PAXboy
3rd Sep 2002, 09:44
It is my constant surprise that BAA have not yet done this. I am surprised as they are the most money grubbing sons of B*****s. :mad: :mad:

bealine
3rd Sep 2002, 20:19
I'm surprised the BAA still have trolleys at all! Think of the extra shops you could squeeze into the foyers where they store the carts!

Herathrow and Gatwick would make lovely shopping centres - shame about all they bl**dy aircraft!

;)

DX Wombat
4th Sep 2002, 14:24
Dear oh dear Joe Curry, do you have to put silly new ideas into their heads? I was hoping that nasty little practice, first seen by me in the Domestic Terminal at Perth WA would take a VERY long time to get here. There they charge you A$2 and give you 20 cents back on return :mad:

Pom Pax
6th Sep 2002, 07:54
I think since gst (=vat) you dont even get the 20c.
Hidden tax.

Sharjah Night Shift
6th Sep 2002, 18:21
I agree it is a pain in the aarse to arrive in a foreign country and need the exact change to release a trolley. Only to find said trolley can't be taken on escalators or to the railway station.

I believe this scam started in that rather insular country who assume all passengers are on domestic flights and I am surprised BAA have not yet caught on.

That is why I have a Samsonite case with wheels.