PDA

View Full Version : Pilot shortage....

Split Flap
3rd Sep 2002, 08:37
Here in NZ you are now able to loan the total amount of your training, so people are saying hey why not? Probably work out at almost the same $$ as a degree albeit in a shorter time frame.

As somebody else mentioned the flying schools will say anything to get you in the door so fly not get a license and drive a jet just after you finish your training rather than going to uni and getting one of pesky degree things and a normal job that dosn't pay that much?

If only it was that easy..............

outboundjetsetter
3rd Sep 2002, 10:04
! ? who is that through split flap - a bank or tranining organisation.I know how pissed off i was when i had worked my butt off to do a ppl and the gov. couldnt even offer me a student loan to finish my cpl subjects full time because of my race and my parents salary!?. a fellow classe mate boosted to me how he had a " away from home allowance" ," marriage allowance", student allowance because he was "over 26!????, and some tribal bull seit allowance while id just pumped gas for a year/half and saved 2/3rds of my earnings but still ran out of moneyto do cpl/ ir /bgt. I was pissed off with the government at the time for not giving me the chance to study when i was 18 but wouldnt have it any other way now> im not dependent on government handouts and know ive earnt what ive got through working hard. And where are my spoilt friends now??? not flying :D i would only advies someone to borrow alot of pingers for flying at the mo if they were "Pretty Certain" of getting some sort of work at the end of their training .
I know things arent always that easy but ... do your homework!

Split Flap
3rd Sep 2002, 20:11
objs

Pretty much all of the larger ones are affiliated with a polytech, and so you do a couple of extra papers get a diploma at the end and the govt picks up the tab.
Pumped gas for my PPL but had to borrow the rest (not of the govt).

awetzel
4th Sep 2002, 02:23
There is no pilot shortage, more of a shortage on positions available for pilots to fill.

The Banks and leading institutions are not silly, they have done their homework and there is no guaranteed return on your CPL/ATPL training without job’s to fill. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Piper Arrow
4th Sep 2002, 21:53
Yeah right, there is a pilot shortage, sure thing, pull my other leg. :D :D :D :rolleyes: