PDA

View Full Version : What does the future look like

rasalghul
22nd Dec 2023, 09:14
As a Flight Operations Officer, I've worked with my major international passenger-cargo carrier based in the Middle East for 18 years. However, we've operated out of a satellite base in India for over 3 decades. AS a satellite office, our prerogative and primary responsibilities have been four fold.
1. Manage Three Cabin Crew bases in India.
2. Procure Slots, Overflying and Landing Permits for most of South-East Asia and India.
3. Edit Notams for company usage.
4. Supply various forms of documentation to our partner stations in India or South Asia.

1. The three cabin crew bases' rostering has been taken out of our hands.These bases,which existed for over 3 decades have been closed,their personnel transferred. The cabin crew were transferred to our HQ/Hub. Most of them have resigned en masse,the rest on the way. These were opened to allow cabin crew more time with their families. Unfortunately, the cabin crew line hours usage was very low.Hence, the closure and transfer. The offshoot has been a dramatic increase in the hotel layover costs.
2. In conjunction with some of our colleagues in the far-east of Asia, we obtain these. Where we do not have a presence liaise directly with the Civil Aviation Agencies and obtain the same.
3. Almost divested of this as new software and advancements in AI have rendered this function of ours useless.
4. In the age of AI and whatnot, this is easily a replaceable function. Anyone with access to documentation can provide this to whosoever requires.

Barring function 3 2 i.e. Airspace permits, we are faced with the conundrum of closure and loss of our careers. I'm personally upskilling myself learning Project Management at my own cost.Are there any suggestions that the Dispatch community can offer regarding forthcoming trends/opportunities /responsibilities that Flight Ops Officers like us can function and add value to our organization?Cheers and thanks.All appreciated.