PDA

View Full Version : Jobs after Frozen iATPL

Kyle_07
19th Dec 2023, 13:35
Hi everyone :)

As I research and learn information about flight school and the programs they offer, I have become increasingly interested in the iATPL course offered by many schools. However, when you complete the training at these schools, you graduate with a frozen ATPL. I understand that is because while you have completed and passed the theoretical aspect if the iATPL, you have not met the hours aspect. I was wondering what jobs would generally be available to a new pilot (23 years of age), apart from being an instructor, who has their PPL, CPL and night rating, multi engine rating, group 1 instrument rating (multi IFR) and passed all 14 ATPL theoretical exams. I will have roughly 197 flying hours and 33 hours of simulator (FTD) time.

This course is offered at Moncton Flight College in New Brunswick, Canada. This most likely the program I will do.

Thanks
Kyle

bafanguy
19th Dec 2023, 21:47
Kyle,

You've posted your question in the US forum. The FAA does not have a frozen ATPL; in FAA land you either have an ATPL or you don't...no intermediate steps.

Since you're looking at school in Canada, perhaps asking your question in that forum would get you better answers.

Good luck on your journey.

rudestuff
20th Dec 2023, 03:33
Hi everyone :)

As I research and learn information about flight school and the programs they offer, I have become increasingly interested in the iATPL course offered by many schools. However, when you complete the training at these schools, you graduate with a frozen ATPL. I understand that is because while you have completed and passed the theoretical aspect if the iATPL, you have not met the hours aspect. I was wondering what jobs would generally be available to a new pilot (23 years of age), apart from being an instructor, who has their PPL, CPL and night rating, multi engine rating, group 1 instrument rating (multi IFR) and passed all 14 ATPL theoretical exams. I will have roughly 197 flying hours and 33 hours of simulator (FTD) time.

This course is offered at Moncton Flight College in New Brunswick, Canada. This most likely the program I will do.

Thanks
Kyle
Kyle, none of your post makes any sense. Canadians need two exams for ATPL, not 14. You're getting confused with CAA/EASA licences, which you can't take in Canada. iATPL - do you mean integrated ATPL? That's essentially just a con to charge more money for the same product, and a 'frozen ATPL' doesn't exist - except as a term used to describe someone who has done the ATPL theory but not the practical test.

737pilotguy
20th Dec 2023, 06:27
A frozen ATPL will be issued as a CPL until you meet the hour requirements, and take an LST to "unfreeze" the ATPL. In EASA territory, this is what you want to have to apply for an airline job, and all first officers are hired like this.
The iATPL means integrated? I can't comment on integrated vs modular except to say that going the integrated route often requires a larger lump sum payment to a flight school. It also binds you to that flight school throughout your training journey. Make sure you really want to do that before giving anyone your money.
Good luck!