PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade to CPT

SimoFly
18th Dec 2023, 22:14
Dear Colleagues,

I would like to ask for information regarding the CPT upgrade requirements in HKE and CX.
I am rated on the a320 with 1000 hours and I am interested in moving from my current outfit.

Looking forward to hearing from you
Thanks in advance

scubawasp
19th Dec 2023, 00:02
SimoFLY, whilst I understand you wanting to be a Captain as quickly as possible, maybe you should be concentrating more on becoming the best FO your can be. Know your aircraft and company policies. Fly manually often and join an airline you wish to retire in. Command will then happen in time.

joblow
19th Dec 2023, 02:30
1000 hours and you are making enquiries about command . Good grief I had over 11,000 hours before I was considered for command . I know it’s time and place that dictated when commands became available but get some experience under your belt before thinking about command . In days gone by Cathay wouldn’t even look at you for a first officer position with only 1000 hours

Bekol delay
19th Dec 2023, 03:53
4000 hours total time, 500 hours company time. Seniority died a while ago. Lots of spaces opening up, as plenty of experience walks out the door every month.

Fridayflyer
19th Dec 2023, 07:37
1000 hours and you are making enquiries about command . Good grief I had over 11,000 hours before I was considered for command . I know it’s time and place that dictated when commands became available but get some experience under your belt before thinking about command . In days gone by Cathay wouldn’t even look at you for a first officer position with only 1000 hours

haha get a reality check . Cathay is about to be captains with the minimum 3000 hours and they would have them sooner if they could . a pilot is a pilot in their eyes

Rie
19th Dec 2023, 11:32
4000 hours total time, 500 hours company time. Seniority died a while ago. Lots of spaces opening up, as plenty of experience walks out the door every month.
I know guys who have been there for nearly 5-6 years and still waiting their turn. UO was always the one that preferred DEC over any upgrades. In the past huge failure rates before anyone even touched a sim just to make sure they could keep up the DEC.

Bekol delay
19th Dec 2023, 23:58
I know guys who have been there for nearly 5-6 years and still waiting their turn. UO was always the one that preferred DEC over any upgrades. In the past huge failure rates before anyone even touched a sim just to make sure they could keep up the DEC.
It depends on the fleet, but Airbus is certainly rattling through commands for anyone who meets the requirements. Most junior I believe is a 5 year CN.

JMSA_PILOT
23rd Dec 2023, 01:28
Go next door to Air Macau. Upgrades courses every 2 months, as long as you meet 2 years in the company, have 4000h total and meet safe requirements. Salary as a Capt average around 15.000usd.
Not the best company in the world but managment won’t piss you off. Initial training takes time but once you’re released to line life is chill.
Crew management is total chaos due to lack of manpower on pilot, cabin crew and even on crew management side.
Theres a few Italians in NX also. (Notice your profile says from Italy)