PDA

View Full Version : CX ATC delays - departures (and arrivals)

zegnaangelo
15th Dec 2023, 06:35
I fly CX out of HKG quite a bit (as a pax).

Plane loads and boards on time but I feel I am sitting on the tarmac for some time, more often than not, awaiting pushback (pending ATC clearance I presume?). Eg now CX635 delayed 1hour+ pending SIN flow control 😭😭

Are these delays getting more frequent after Covid - i cant believe the skies are more busy than before? Or is it just a coincidence that I notice delays more (I got my PPL during Covid so suddenly more aware of aircraft ATC procedures)

KABOY
17th Dec 2023, 00:35
I fly CX out of HKG quite a bit (as a pax).

Plane loads and boards on time but I feel I am sitting on the tarmac for some time, more often than not, awaiting pushback (pending ATC clearance I presume?). Eg now CX635 delayed 1hour+ pending SIN flow control 😭😭

Are these delays getting more frequent after Covid - i cant believe the skies are more busy than before? Or is it just a coincidence that I notice delays more (I got my PPL during Covid so suddenly more aware of aircraft ATC procedures)

Welcome to China, all the airspace around HKG is controlled by China. And the small piece that HKG controls around the east and southeast randomly get slammed shut due to China military exercises.

Welcome to HKG 'China's World City'