PDA

View Full Version : Address Book & Mobile Numbers

mfuller_uk
3rd Sep 2002, 01:00
Hi all!

Does anyone know why in address book (I am running xp, but have noticed this on 98se also) whenever you type a mobile number for a particular contact, it does appear just after you enter it in the 'mobile' column in 'details' view, but then either after a period of time, or you exit the address book and then open it up again, the mobile number is not desplayed alongside the contact - even though it still stored.

This only seems to occur with mobile number, as i have not seen this happen with home numbers etc.

Does anyone know why this happens - is there any sensible loigc behind this, but to be honest it is modertaley annonying, and i would be even more greatful if someone could tell me how to keep peoples mobile number displayed in the mobile column all the time (if this is possible)

Michael Fuller
undergraduate @ Loughborough University, studying BSc Air Tranpsport Management

What_does_this_button_do?
3rd Sep 2002, 06:22
More information required:

What version of Office/Outlook/Outlook Express are you running (or is it another app)?

B

mfuller_uk
3rd Sep 2002, 09:28
sorry, i just assumed that it did not matter what software the address book was running under, as it is a seperate program to outlook. ne way i am running office 2000 sr1 v9.0.0.3821 as my mail email cleint, and have outlook express 6.00.2600.

ne ideas about why this annoyning 'qwerk' of the software exists!

michael
undergrauate @ Loughboorugh University - studying BSc Air Transport Management

when i said i was running office 2000 sr1... as my main email client i meant to say outlook!

michael

What_does_this_button_do?
3rd Sep 2002, 09:39
The address book part of Outlook (known as contacts) is an integral part of Outlook - if you're using a third party application do you know what it is? (Click on Help then About).

B

fobotcso
3rd Sep 2002, 09:41
A couple of quick thoughts, Michael.

If you are running a database kind of Program it may be treating the data you are entering as numbers and not text. Can you reformat that particular field to recognise all data as text, even if you are inputting numbers?

And also, some Programs expect telephone numbers to be inserted in a particular format - usually US. In Windows 2000 dial-up networking you have to un-check "use Dialing Rules". Check that out.

gofer
3rd Sep 2002, 15:09
Do you mean the Address Book as in Shift-Ctrl-B or clicking on the little icon with an open Book when in MS Outlook 2000 or equivalent ?:(