PDA

View Full Version : Airnorth announces new flights between Perth and Alice Springs

AnotherFSO
13th Dec 2023, 04:15
"Regional airline Airnorth will launch a new service between Alice Springs and Perth, becoming the third airline to announce an expansion to its network in the Northern Territory in as many months."

From: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-12-13/airnorth-adds-nt-flights-perth-alice-springs-bonza/103222400

belongamick
13th Dec 2023, 08:46
I'm surprised they can find any crew. How they get anyone to sign up with their 17 year old EBA is anyones guess.

megan
13th Dec 2023, 23:54
Employed at least one DEC recently on the 170/190.

hoss58
17th Dec 2023, 22:38
Given Bonzas very small fleet I find it difficult to believe that this is the best utilisation of an aircraft considering the number of pax that have their flights along the east coast cancelled and holiday plans screwed.

Cheers Hoss58

Icarus2001
17th Dec 2023, 23:54
Wrong thread? Pretty sure Bonza management will not care how Air North deploy their aircraft.

hoss58
18th Dec 2023, 01:05
Hi Icarus.
The attached article talks about how great it will be having Bonza operating into YBAS,Tourism Central Australia chief executive Danial Rochford said the extra seats into Central Australia was "the best early Christmas present" for the region.

"This is such great news for our region — not only for tourism, but for the livability for everyone who lives in Alice Springs and Central Australia," he said.

The point I was making is that they don't have enough aircraft to operate their current routes so how are they going to service YBAS effectively.

I do however take your point that the article is primarily about Air North.

Hoss58