PDA

View Full Version : UK CAA Training in US

brentford77
10th Dec 2023, 16:01
Folks, I have been trying to establish if there are any schools in the US which, post Brexit, can offer the modular UK CAA CPL? I have spent a fair bit of time on this. I have found quite a few schools that advertise this capability yet in reality, when I call them they all say they no longer do this. If anyone can point me in the direction of a US school(s) which can offer this, I would be really grateful

BillieBob
11th Dec 2023, 09:06
There are, at present, no US schools approved in their own right to provide training for the modular UK CPL(A). There are one or two that piggyback a UK-based ATO approval (e.g. Naples Air Center/Andrewsfield Aviation) but these should be treated with extreme caution and subjected to careful research.

brentford77
11th Dec 2023, 21:23
There are, at present, no US schools approved in their own right to provide training for the modular UK CPL(A). There are one or two that piggyback a UK-based ATO approval (e.g. Naples Air Center/Andrewsfield Aviation) but these should be treated with extreme caution and subjected to careful research.

Thanks Billiebob. Another Brexit benefit then…the gift that just keeps giving! Naples were on my list but they denied being able to offer any U.K. training…