PDA

View Full Version : L3 APS MCC as a modular pilot

nib1600
7th Dec 2023, 09:02
Hi All

Just wondered if any UK CAA modular pilot on here has had any experience of the L3 APS MCC please?

The idea of the hold pool sounds appealing, the shiny brochures contain the spiel: "Since the beginning of 2022, L3Harris has successfully placed 332 graduates from our Placement Pool with an airline."

If there are any modular pilots that have got a job out of this I'd be very interested to hear. Trying to work out if it justifies the extra 4K ish investment or if its best avoided? (I suspect the latter considering the current circumstances..)

Cheers

parkfell
8th Dec 2023, 11:10
Have a look at VA Aviation (Virtual Aviation) Cambridge. As ever, visit any Establishment before signing on the line.

I wouldn’t disagree with your final thoughts…

SA14
8th Dec 2023, 12:10
Hi All

Just wondered if any UK CAA modular pilot on here has had any experience of the L3 APS MCC please?

The idea of the hold pool sounds appealing, the shiny brochures contain the spiel: "Since the beginning of 2022, L3Harris has successfully placed 332 graduates from our Placement Pool with an airline."

If there are any modular pilots that have got a job out of this I'd be very interested to hear. Trying to work out if it justifies the extra 4K ish investment or if its best avoided? (I suspect the latter considering the current circumstances..)

Cheers

this was done previously as CTC aviation. It was called an AQC I believe. Some found success through it but be under no illusions, you are behind every single integrated graduate in the hold-pool

RichardH
8th Dec 2023, 13:18
In early 2000s when I was an instructor at the old Oxford Aviation Training (now part of CAE) they had a 'success' placement board outside the canteen making similar claims. However, when one dug a little deeper around 30% of those 'placements' were entirely down to the students own efforts (mostly modular) & nothing to do with OAT. They will tend prioritise pool integrated students over modular. At another ATO I have known students in the pool (or no jobs at the moment) for months, you have be warned.

VariablePitchP
8th Dec 2023, 17:48
In early 2000s when I was an instructor at the old Oxford Aviation Training (now part of CAE) they had a 'success' placement board outside the canteen making similar claims. However, when one dug a little deeper around 30% of those 'placements' were entirely down to the students own efforts (mostly modular) & nothing to do with OAT. They will tend prioritise pool integrated students over modular. At another ATO I have known students in the pool (or no jobs at the moment) for months, you have be warned.

Same with unis proudly showing their ‘98% in employment or further training within 6 months of graduating’, given that 16 hours a week at McDonald’s would count towards that…