PDA

View Full Version : EY

aseriesofleftturns
3rd Dec 2023, 13:53
Hi,

Am curious for any anecdotes on life at Etihad and in turn, Abu Dhabi.

I realise there has been some significant branding changes, but am curious to know more on living in AD with a family, lifestyle, roster and realistic income in an average month.

TIA.

lostinspace89
3rd Dec 2023, 14:04
I also tried to find out more but not much info. The package seems substantially less than EK. Also no email or contact to ask for more details on EY site, no mention of health insurance either. I’ve heard they keep reducing pay packages after covid so not sure if the lack of mention of health and dental insurance is an error or really true.

also no similar provident fund?

I think abu dhabi is probably nicer to live than Dxb at the moment.

Flamengo
4th Dec 2023, 03:30
I also request for some information, please.

GrahamO
4th Dec 2023, 11:44
I think abu dhabi is probably nicer to live than Dxb at the moment.

Having lived in both, I would concur.

Dubai is a holiday resort so packed with tourists. Abu Dhabi is the opposite - but its far less exciting, but with enough to do.

Given the choice, I'd choose AD over Dubai every time. The issue for airline staff is that EY being governmental, insist you have residency in AD to get your housing allowance. they literally force you to rent in the emirate and don't pay out if you rent in Dubai. Emirates generally care a lot less.

I used to know senior staff from the time of James Hogan and a lot of them lived in Dubai. They actually rented the cheapest ( a small fraction of their allowance) nastiest place they could in AD to get the Tawtheeq to provide the proof of residency, and then spent the rest of the allowance on a place in Dubai. Not sure if you can get away with that these days.

twtiger
5th Dec 2023, 14:29
Also interested in learning more about EY salary or lifestyle vs EK. Anyone on here able to shed more light? As previous poster said, I would probably prefer Abu Dhabi to live with my family.