PDA

View Full Version : Walking in aircraft

Gero
2nd Dec 2023, 16:08
Hello,

Just curious. On a long haul flight if you want to spread your legs - can you take a walk from the front cabin all the way to the back of cargo hold just to have some exercise?
I know it’s tight between cargo and the wall and there is no protection in case of decompression but is it prohibited or you may do it on your risk?
thanks.

deltahotel
2nd Dec 2023, 19:41
On my types 75/76 there isn’t enough space. Only allowed down the back with portable O2.

Rt Hon Jim Hacker MP
4th Dec 2023, 21:45
I can't see any need for doing that. What if something goes wrong whilst you are down the back? You're paid as a pilot, not a passenger.

Gero
4th Dec 2023, 22:21
Of course. You are right. That was just a question as I am not familiar with cargo ops.
You are paid as a pilot but on a longhaul you may be sleeping in a bunk so not a huge difference if you sleep or walk?
Sure thing regarding decompression danger.

ShyTorque
5th Dec 2023, 01:38
I can't see any need for doing that. What if something goes wrong whilst you are down the back? You're paid as a pilot, not a passenger.

Yes, sit tight and take the risk of a DVT like a man!
:cool:

hobbit1983
5th Dec 2023, 11:04

Don't you trust your copilot? It's a good idea to stretch your legs every so often; keeps you alert.

Of course, if you're flying single crew, going down the back and stretching your legs might not be the best idea.