PDA

View Full Version : MCC training Europe

anthii
2nd Dec 2023, 12:49
Hello guys,

I've recently obtained my EASA CPL/ME/IR and now I'm looking for a place to do my MCC. Do you have any suggestions or recommended flight schools? I would also appreciate some information regarding cadet's employment status. Budget-wise APS MCC is a possibility, I'm just wondering if it's something I should spend my money on now instead of saving for sim prep etc. I've been considering flying it on the A320 because it seems like more and more of the European carriers are shifting towards the Airbus... Although currently there are not very many Airbus operators recruiting low-hour pilots.

Thanks for your help!

AlwaysWondering
3rd Dec 2023, 02:02
I think people will have different views over whether an APS is worth it compared to a more basic MCC-JOC.
For some airlines, APS has a clear advantage. Though people will no doubt point out that even Ryanair hires a fair few basic MCC candidates too.

If you do go for an APS, I know a few people who have gone to Simnest in Budapest recently and recommended it. They use an A320 sim in Budapest. Many trainers are Wizz TRIs/TREs. Current price is €4848 and Budapest is obviously quite affordable.

anthii
4th Dec 2023, 12:23
I think people will have different views over whether an APS is worth it compared to a more basic MCC-JOC.
For some airlines, APS has a clear advantage. Though people will no doubt point out that even Ryanair hires a fair few basic MCC candidates too.

If you do go for an APS, I know a few people who have gone to Simnest in Budapest recently and recommended it. They use an A320 sim in Budapest. Many trainers are Wizz TRIs/TREs. Current price is €4848 and Budapest is obviously quite affordable.

Thanks for the information, I will take a look at Simnest!

parkfell
5th Dec 2023, 08:15
What ever you decide, visit the establishments before finally selecting.
If you were lucky enough to know for certain that you are going Airbus then do the MCC/APS on Airbus
If there is any uncertainty do it on the B737 as it is more demanding, such as no auto trim facility.
The greater exposure to multi crew by doing an APS course the easier you should find the sim ride/interview.
If you have your sights set on Ryanair then clearly go to an affiliated partner.

anthii
12th Dec 2023, 16:19
What ever you decide, visit the establishments before finally selecting.
If you were lucky enough to know for certain that you are going Airbus then do the MCC/APS on Airbus
If there is any uncertainty do it on the B737 as it is more demanding, such as no auto trim facility.
The greater exposure to multi crew by doing an APS course the easier you should find the sim ride/interview.
If you have your sights set on Ryanair then clearly go to an affiliated partner.

Thanks for the advice, that's a very valid point. I've decided to do the APS MCC on B737.