PDA

View Full Version : OPC cross-crediting

212man
1st Dec 2023, 15:24
Does anyone know if there is a concept of cross-crediting OPCs between operators, where a pilot flies the same type for more than one operator? E.g. a pilot that flies as a freelancer on the same type for 3 operators (all CAT) will need to do 6 OPCs per year.

FloaterNorthWest
1st Dec 2023, 15:35
[QUOTE=212man;11549486]Does anyone know if there is a concept of cross-crediting OPCs between operators, where a pilot flies the same type for more than one operator? E.g. a pilot that flies as a freelancer on the same type for 3 operators (all CAT) will need to do 6 OPCs per year.[/QUOTE

I believe in the U.K. the CAA has stopped allowing cross crediting.

212man
1st Dec 2023, 15:56
[QUOTE=212man;11549486]Does anyone know if there is a concept of cross-crediting OPCs between operators, where a pilot flies the same type for more than one operator? E.g. a pilot that flies as a freelancer on the same type for 3 operators (all CAT) will need to do 6 OPCs per year.[/QUOTE

I believe in the U.K. the CAA has stopped allowing cross crediting.
Ah - so it did exist? I wonder if they have stopped since leaving EASA, or it was an EASA change when the CAA was still part of it?

malabo
1st Dec 2023, 16:09
Specify the country when asking regulatory questions.

Allowed in Canada.

212man
1st Dec 2023, 16:27
Specify the country when asking regulatory questions.

Allowed in Canada.
I didn't think they were called OPCs in Canada - just PPC?

605carsten
1st Dec 2023, 18:18
Also many of the TRTOs have banned their examiners from filling out multiple pieces of paper for different operators (despite it being the same stuff done anyway!) as the marketing departments would rather you buy more sim sessions…