PDA

View Full Version : OPC Validity and revalidation

212man
1st Dec 2023, 15:10
It's been a while since I have been directly involved in training/examining, but I am searching for some clarification about the validity of EASA OPCs (and Line checks), as there seem to be some omissions in ORO.FC.230.

The exact wording is "The validity period of the operator proficiency check shall be 6 calendar months". There is no further reference in the AMCs to the actual expiry date being the end of the calendar month, e.g. OPC done on 15th January expires 31st July, or that a check conducted within 3 months of the expiry date has a validity of 6 months from that expiry date, and not based on the date of the test.

So, have the rules actually changed, or is it an omission during an update, or am I simply too thick to find the information?

FloaterNorthWest
1st Dec 2023, 15:50
ARA.FCL.215 Validity period

212man
1st Dec 2023, 15:55
Thank you - and the use of the remaining 3 months?

FloaterNorthWest
1st Dec 2023, 16:36
AMC1 ORO.FC.145(g) Provision of training, checking and assessment

212man
1st Dec 2023, 16:58
AMC1 ORO.FC.145(g) Provision of training, checking and assessment
Thank you. Interestingly, I see earlier in that section the reference to using training from other operators - but only NCC!

DOUBLE BOGEY
2nd Dec 2023, 08:43
Thank you. Interestingly, I see earlier in that section the reference to using training from other operators - but only NCC!
Cross crediting OPCs in EASALAND is only possible when the operators fall under the same “Group” of companies. The Operator then must demonstrate interoperability between the individual AOCs within the group.

gipsymagpie
4th Dec 2023, 19:36
Mixing your regulations there. Part FCL has nothing to do with OPC. It's in the second reference you mention though: ORO.FC.145(g) (the end of of month bit) with the within 3 months as you already said in the AMC