PDA

View Full Version : Luggage check in during a layover.

netstruggler
30th Nov 2023, 07:50
I've booked flights from Penang to UK with a 15 hour layover in Hong Kong.

Journey was booked with Cathay on a single ticket.

We've done his before and know that our bags from Penang will be checked through at Hong Kong, and that we are allowed to leave he airport.

What I don't know is whether we can check in any of our luggage allowance at Hong Kong during the layover instead of all the way from Malaysia?

I've tried to find out from Cathay via their helpline and chatbot but failed.

Opinions on Google are that it's not generally a problem, but it would be nice to have a definitive answer for Cathay?

netstruggler
5th Feb 2024, 10:05
I've booked flights from Penang to UK with a 15 hour layover in Hong Kong.

Journey was booked with Cathay on a single ticket.

We've done his before and know that our bags from Penang will be checked through at Hong Kong, and that we are allowed to leave he airport.

What I don't know is whether we can check in any of our luggage allowance at Hong Kong during the layover instead of all the way from Malaysia?

I've tried to find out from Cathay via their helpline and chatbot but failed.

Opinions on Google are that it's not generally a problem, but it would be nice to have a definitive answer for Cathay?

For the record there was no problem with the 4 of us checking in 3 bags from Penang to London and the 4th bag from HK to London. Adding the 4th bag was done using the automated check in terminals at HK without any problem or cost.