View Full Version : One Survivor

Herod
25th Nov 2023, 20:46
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-hampshire-67531284

Not complete, but at least not scrap. Full marks to Solent Sky

dixi188
26th Nov 2023, 11:09
A couple of corrections for the BBC:
This is ZH763, formerly G-BGKE. First flight 26 Jan 1980 at Hurn which is in Cristchurch but is not Christchurch airfeild.
Also the BAe 146 was the last british airliner, unless you count the Islander which is still in production.
However, well done them for saving the fusalage. I cut my teeth on BAC One Elevens.

ATNotts
26th Nov 2023, 13:16
A couple of corrections for the BBC:
This is ZH763, formerly G-BGKE. First flight 26 Jan 1980 at Hurn which is in Cristchurch but is not Christchurch airfeild.
Also the BAe 146 was the last british airliner, unless you count the Islander which is still in production.
However, well done them for saving the fusalage. I cut my teeth on BAC One Elevens.
I believe it was one of the last Hurn built 1-11 -500s and was delivered to British Airways at BHX along with 'KF and 'KG joining the fleet of -400s that came from a variety of sources.

Quemerford
26th Nov 2023, 14:51
I recall that MSN 260 G-BLHD was going to be the final Hurn-built One-Eleven and that the registration stood for Last Hurn Delivery. Then when that did not come to pass, MSN 262 (G-BLDH; Last Delivery from Hurn) was the chosen one. But ultimately 265/G-BGKG was the final Bournemouth-built machine.

Is that true regarding the civil registration or just a convenient coincidence?