PDA

View Full Version : Sevastopol International UKFB/URFB - Ground Objects

uptheaisle
23rd Nov 2023, 09:07
Hello everyone,

I require your help with identifying some ground objects located at Sevastopol International Airport - I know this is not the airports official name, but since Russia took control I don't know what it was changed to.

Does anybody know where I can find information on the airport and the structures located within it? I have tried the obvious places, but given it's a military airfield the information is limited.

I would upload photos, but I'm not allowed since I'm a new member.

Many thanks, Matt

Sotonsean
23rd Nov 2023, 16:53
Hello everyone,

I require your help with identifying some ground objects located at Sevastopol International Airport - I know this is not the airports official name, but since Russia took control I don't know what it was changed to.

Does anybody know where I can find information on the airport and the structures located within it? I have tried the obvious places, but given it's a military airfield the information is limited.

I would upload photos, but I'm not allowed since I'm a new member.

Many thanks, Matt

Hi Matt and welcome to pprune 👍

I personally don't have the answers to all of the information you are asking but there are quite a few recent photos online and of course, information on Wikipedia.

Sevastopol International Airport was renamed by Russia to "Ivan Aivazovsky Airport" after a former Russian painter.

Good luck with trying to get the answers to your other questions.