PDA

View Full Version : No Frills Carriers v Disabled Pax

bealine
2nd Sep 2002, 19:39
A frequent flyer of Ryanair is suing the airline for charging £18.00 for providing Wheelchair assistance each time he travels.

Good Luck Sir!

An airline must care for ALL its customers - not just those with 2 arms and 2 legs and a Visa credit card!

The trouble is, these "no-frills" carriers want to pick and choose their clientele, and those they don't choose, they charge!

I just hope someone does the same to Easyjet and Go!

Let British Airways have a level playing field and then we'll see who makes the money!

SectorBabe
5th Sep 2002, 21:51
FYI, easyJet do NOT charge for the use of a wheelchair.

kenoco
17th Sep 2002, 20:27
somebody should bloody sue BAA in STN for providing such a terrible wheelchair service in the form of PACE,PACE are you kidding it takes them at least half an hour to get to the aircraft,

PA28-161
30th Sep 2002, 14:38
Aer Lingus don't charge for a lift on&off the a/c for my non-walking girlfriend, but the handlers usually make the flight late past its slot. Though, she never uses a a/port chair unless it's back here in lovely Belfast, where they can't be arsed bringing it round to the hatch for her and she has to suffer being lifted by me into it at the baggage carousel. Don't know why that is - Edinburgh, Dublin, Amsterdam, Faro (Portugal) Tenerife South and Miami all do the necessary (though talk about untrained lifters in Miami - they didn't even know the procedure to lift her safely, nearly had her arms out of the sockets and put her into the armrests in the airchair on the way out. And they could do with making the loo doors bigger on longhaul - I nearly dropped the poor thing.