PDA

View Full Version : VH-IDW final ATSB report

olderairhead
22nd Nov 2023, 08:44
Rather than watching biased TV reports the final investigation report is here https://www.atsb.gov.au/publications/investigation_reports/2022/aair/ao-2022-009

lucille
22nd Nov 2023, 10:09
Check out the pronouns used for the egg collector. .. “their” and “them”. Apparently his and him are too toxic for our delicate ATSB.

Kundry
22nd Nov 2023, 22:09
Check out the pronouns used for the egg collector. .. “their” and “them”. Apparently his and him are too toxic for our delicate ATSB.

I'm guessing gender pronouns were omitted because... they have no relevance to the investigation.

Cloudee
22nd Nov 2023, 22:21
I'm guessing gender pronouns were omitted because... they have no relevance to the investigation.
No, changing the pronouns from he/him has no relevance to the investigation so why do it. PC BS!

Flaming galah
22nd Nov 2023, 23:54

Maybe it’s you that’s delicate champ.

43Inches
23rd Nov 2023, 00:11
Matters nowt what their pronouns are. The helicopter ran out of fuel, the dangled human was carried too high to effectively jump to safety, that's the main thrust, add a bit of CASA approvals for a random scenario with little oversight or controls. Whether the protagonists were male, female, cats, dogs or dugongs has no relevance and we don't know what 'they' identified themselves as so who really cares.

NZFlyingKiwi
23rd Nov 2023, 02:06
I'm not sure about in Australia but the New Zealand accident reports from the '50s used to state whether the pilot was married or single. (single meaning unmarried of course!) :eek: In addition to providing their full name as well. Times have changed.

Cloudee
23rd Nov 2023, 06:34
Over the years there have been a few posters on pprune making allegations of Territory aviation organisations playing fast and loose with the rules. Nothing in this report suggests they were wrong.

Mr Mossberg
23rd Nov 2023, 10:22
cats, dogs or dugongs has no relevance

I reckon it makes a difference if a protagonist is a cat, dog, dugong or human.

Clare Prop
23rd Nov 2023, 23:36
From an article behind a paywall:

The ATSB said investigators only drained about 250ml of blue fuel from the main tank’s bladder when the wreckage was inspected in Darwin days later after being slung out of the swamp and then transported by road. However witnesses told the ATSB that only green fuel was available at Mount Borradaile on the morning of the crash

Can you still get green AVGAS in Australia?

Chronic Snoozer
23rd Nov 2023, 23:47
I reckon it makes a difference if a protagonist is a cat, dog, dugong or human.

Do you have a video? I'm interested in the dugong flying a helicopter one.

Mr Mossberg
24th Nov 2023, 00:44
The dugong had to bail out of this flight due W&B issues.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
6th Dec 2023, 09:53
I notice from today's news that 'Legal Proceedings' are commencing......

Don't worry about minor issues like 'their' and 'them' now.........
(Post #2)....

NT chopper crash update: Widow of man killed in NT chopper crash sues Matt Wright's helicopter company, CASA (9news.com.au) (https://www.9news.com.au/national/matt-wright-update-chris-willow-wilson-wife-sues-outback-wrangler-company-helibrook-civil-aviation-safety-authority/f4c6e233-eb7c-4393-9d94-407923fc8fc9)

megan
6th Dec 2023, 13:51
Can you still get green AVGAS in AustraliaYes, also 115/145, imported from Poland.

Clare Prop
7th Dec 2023, 02:10
OK. I was wondering if perhaps it was out of date as it's been a while since green avgas has been readily available. Would they really import it from Poland?

megan
8th Dec 2023, 00:37
Clare, the Australian distributor (BELLAPETRO) says that's where they source the fuel from, what sort of turn over they have who knows. Wonder what the warbirds burn (P-51, Spitfire etc).

The Wawa Zone
10th Dec 2023, 07:54
Over the years there have been a few posters on pprune making allegations of Territory aviation organisations playing fast and loose with the rules. Nothing in this report suggests they were wrong.

WHAT ?????

as350nut
12th Apr 2024, 22:34
Can someone explain to me why nothing seems to being said about the pilot ignoring the flickering low fuel light , and then the full on low fuel warning light, and when said light started giving the warning that the pilot didn't put the soon to be deceased on the ground and land immediately. In my experience there is time to do that. Isn't the pilot in command responsible to react to low fuel light?