PDA

View Full Version : ICAO ATPL (10,000+ hrs) to UK/EASA ATPL for work

UB6IB9
15th Nov 2023, 10:06
Hello everyone,

Sorry if this question has been asked before. Information is very confusing and hard to figure out since Brexit. I have a Canadian ATPL with 10k+ hours and several PIC Boeing and biz jet ratings. I have no intention on working in the UK or any EASA country. My current employer has offered to pay for my UK and EASA ATPL conversion if I volunteer to convert. From my understanding since Brexit, you have to sit all 13/14 exams for both UK CAA and EASA? Plus do an ATPL skills test for UK CAA and EASA. Does this sound correct? Also, does it matter which one you start first?

Thanks for your time guys

rudestuff
15th Nov 2023, 11:50
UK and EASA used to be one and the same. Now they're separate but essentially still the same. As an ICAO ATPL holder you can self-certify for the exams so you don't need to do a formal course at an ATO.

1) Get a pair of class one initial medicals to determine your state of licence issue. This can be a show stopper.
2) Do one set of study and take each exam twice. There are plenty of online question banks and study guides.
3) Your license skill test can be your next LPC if the examiner is qualified and you have 500 hours on type.

UB6IB9
19th Nov 2023, 02:51
Thanks pal!

Nabil_Ahmed
4th Mar 2024, 05:50
Hello everyone,

Sorry if this question has been asked before. Information is very confusing and hard to figure out since Brexit. I have a Canadian ATPL with 10k+ hours and several PIC Boeing and biz jet ratings. I have no intention on working in the UK or any EASA country. My current employer has offered to pay for my UK and EASA ATPL conversion if I volunteer to convert. From my understanding since Brexit, you have to sit all 13/14 exams for both UK CAA and EASA? Plus do an ATPL skills test for UK CAA and EASA. Does this sound correct? Also, does it matter which one you start first?

Thanks for your time guys have you attempted the exams yet?