PDA

View Full Version : Sudden "jump scrolling"?

Uplinker
14th Nov 2023, 10:43
Reading Pprune on my iPad, in landscape, and scrolling with my right thumb; sometimes the scroll position jumps up or down to a place miles away from where I was in the thread.

I cannot find out what it is that is causing this - can anyone suggest what might be happening, so I can avoid doing it ? I cannot seem to induce the phenomenon when I try.

safetypee
17th Nov 2023, 07:27
Are you using an Ad Blocker ?

If so then maybe some slow loading 'hidden' adverts along the side of posts causes a 'jump'; mine always goes back to the position of older posts.

Workaround / fix; place scrolling finger / thumb over posts area.

Uplinker
17th Nov 2023, 07:37
Ah yes, could be.

OK, I will convert to scrolling with my left thumb, (over the posts area).

Thanks for the suggestion - unfortunately Pprune is getting more and more of a pain to use......

Asturias56
19th Nov 2023, 07:47
I get it on a lot of platforms without an Ad blocker - it occurs when PPRUNE connects to the ad source and suddenly inserts an ad (eg TEMU) that runs across the page . everything jumps down.

If you click at just the wrong time you get the wrong forum.

Best way to avoid is to slow down your selection and wait a second or two for the page to load properly

ShyTorque
19th Nov 2023, 09:20
I often have this, but for some reason, only on this forum. If it’s caused by holding my iPad with my right hand then it won’t go away because I operate it left handed.

Jhieminga
21st Nov 2023, 09:33
I get this on my phone and I think it's linked to the 'infinite scroll' option. It's loading a new page of posts by itself and this causes you to jump past the post you were trying to read. You could try deselecting this option in your preferences on PPRuNe to see if this helps.

judyjudy
21st Nov 2023, 18:01
I turned off infinite scrolling, but it still happens on my phone. If I back up just a smidge, it will jump back to someplace in the past.