PDA

View Full Version : Fallout from NATS system failure

The Dragon Rapide
9th Nov 2023, 23:05
Well stuff them all. I paid British Airways £2453 for a five day break, flight and hotel, to San Sebastián for my wife and me.
That was to depart August 28, from London City Airport, the day of the ATC crash.
The flight was cancelled after we checked in.
British Airways claimed the disruption was not their fault, so no refund or compensation was forthcoming. End of.
My travel insurance company paid out just £60…….WTF?
NATS said they were immune by virtue of a clause in the Transport Act 2000
Well pissed off. And screwed.

SamYeager
10th Nov 2023, 13:53
Well stuff them all. I paid British Airways £2453 for a five day break, flight and hotel, to San Sebastián for my wife and me.
That was to depart August 28, from London City Airport, the day of the ATC crash.
British Airways claimed the disruption was not their fault, so no refund or compensation was forthcoming. End of.
No compensation sounds reasonable as it's not in BA's control but I find it difficult to believe no refund is due. /offtopic

Andrewgr2
10th Nov 2023, 18:27

Why only £60 compensation from your insurers?

The Dragon Rapide
10th Nov 2023, 21:14
Why only £60 compensation from your insurers?

Why was I offered only £60 compensation after the holiday I paid over £2450 was scrubbed?

A very good question, one which I have asked the broker…’Good to Go Insurance.com’ and the underwriter, Red Sands Insurance, in Gibraltar….and, you guessed it, no answer.

I took ‘Gold Level’ cover…..which I thought would give me the top cover….but no, it’s all a gigantic fraud. I have taken my case to the financial ombudsman, but they say they are unable to help.

So now I am biting the bullet, and taking British Airway Holidays to court.

They were quite happy to take over £2450 when we booked our flight, but not so happy to refund the money when they failed to deliver….😡

This has really put me off flying anywhere. I could have got a train from London to San Sebastián, there are ten train services per day from St. Pancras…..who needs the stress and crap that comes with this?

I put a pox on you, British Airways…..😡

Gonzo
11th Nov 2023, 17:00
Your flight was cancelled but BA are refusing to give you a refund?

If your flight is cancelled, BA Holidays allows you to change the dates of flight with no cost. You only pay any difference on the cost of car hire/hotel etc (you may get back some money if the new dates are cheaper. Did you try this?

Did you pay with a credit card? If so you should use a section 75 claim.

The Dragon Rapide
11th Nov 2023, 22:12
Tried everything Gonzo….my back stop is the Section 75 action….American Express are very ‘on side’….the
process is underway…..hopefully to a satisfactory conclusion….I have been advised that their decision will be 4 January….fingers crossed. I appalls me just how arrogant and intransigent the UK national carrier is…..I would have expected this from a LCC, but not from a so called ‘reputable’ airline.
It’s put me off BA for life…

radiosutch
12th Nov 2023, 13:38
CEDR ?

The Dragon Rapide
12th Nov 2023, 15:42
Now that’s a good suggestion….I had not thought of using the CEDR…I’ll look into that….thanks.

Gonzo
12th Nov 2023, 16:38
What is the rationale for not permitting you to change dates? For refusing to give you a refund?