PDA

View Full Version : Middle East Airline Predictions - 2024

Jennie Blond
11th Nov 2023, 18:15
Exceptionally interesting times lie ahead for the region in terms of airline offerings. My personal observations:

Saudia investing heavily in quite a phenomenal fleet and product upgrade. One to watch, especially if one rumoured big change happens in the Kingdom.

Abu Dhabi airline has relaunched with an incredible new product and sterling branding, in partnership with Armani. And a brand new airport terminal to flash it out. This company is going to make big waves in the year ahead. Having tried the product recently, I can only say wow!

Emirates coming to us head-on with a huge order announcement and a brand new business class, not before time. But it will be a Business Class with bells and whistles that only Emirates can pull-off. Standby to be impressed.

Air-India: quite a mixed-up refresh with too much product inconsistency. But they will fix that. Mumbai and Delhi will be the next Dubai/Doha in terms of hub connectivity, only at a fraction of the cost. The new Air-India will be a force to be reckoned with.

Riyadh Air: will stutter at the beginning, a bit like Tony's previous outfit. But, again, with lots of funding behind it, the will soar in a few years. I think it will take 5 years to truly put them on the map.

Qatar Airways will be the loser in all this. Peaked too early with Q-Suite. Too much product inconsistency remains. Fares are high. Doha hub is a zoo most of the time. And - dare I say it - the departure of the Chief will dent the stability of the airline, even within the peer group industry. Although he had a mixed reception, AAB was "better the devil you know". Partner companies are a bit shaken by the arrival of the relatively unknown Badr Meer. Qatar is in the need of a branding refresh. The grey/burgundy/oryx have served well (in one form or another) since 1994/ then 1997 relaunch. But QR is "floating" at the moment and their product quality is showing signs of decline.

Interesting times ahead.

Airmann
12th Nov 2023, 03:59
At some point in time there will be a tipping point moment when the military power of America and the West will no longer be superior globally, and that of China + Russia + Iran and whoever else is with them will feel like they have a chance to compete militarily. This might be aided by increasing instability domestically in the western countries, especially the United States.

At that point world War 3 will start and there will be no commercial airlines flying in the region. That's my prediction. My prediction is that this happens inside of 20-30 years.

Hotclown
12th Nov 2023, 17:32
At some point in time there will be a tipping point moment when the military power of America and the West will no longer be superior globally, and that of China + Russia + Iran and whoever else is with them will feel like they have a chance to compete militarily. This might be aided by increasing instability domestically in the western countries, especially the United States.

At that point world War 3 will start and there will be no commercial airlines flying in the region. That's my prediction. My prediction is that this happens inside of 20-30 years.

cool. now keep your predictions in your closet cuz you know no ****

k.swiss
16th Nov 2023, 14:24

Thats it lets put the glass down and lets help you to bed.

HidekiTojo
17th Nov 2023, 11:58

Jesus. You have some issues. Plus you're completely wrong in every sense.

captain.weird
18th Nov 2023, 01:52
Maybe it is better to go back to topic now? Could be an interesting one!

Hotclown
18th Nov 2023, 15:47
Maybe it is better to go back to topic now? Could be an interesting one!

ohh let's keep on going on airmann its fun

k.swiss
19th Nov 2023, 12:01
ohh let's keep on going on airmann its fun

Thankfully it's an internet forum. I think he's the kinda guy that embarrasses himself by walking into the room itself.

Luray
20th Nov 2023, 03:05

I have a better prediction for you. Its gonna be war between humans and machines controlled by AI. Just look around yourself, we are infiltrated and totally dependant on 'smart electronic devices'. Its gonna be havoc - vacuum cleaner robots with plasma guns, killer refrigerators and acid-shooting smart coffee makers. Judgement day will happen in 10-15 years.

Hotclown
20th Nov 2023, 09:27
I have a better prediction for you. Its gonna be war between humans and machines controlled by AI. Just look around yourself, we are infiltrated and totally dependant on 'smart electronic devices'. Its gonna be havoc - vacuum cleaner robots with plasma guns, killer refrigerators and acid-shooting smart coffee makers. Judgement day will happen in 10-15 years.

it was fun until you mentioned judgment day

Luray
20th Nov 2023, 11:52
it was fun until you mentioned judgment day
I wasn't referring to the Bible.
J-day artificial intelligence (https://terminator.fandom.com/wiki/Artificial_intelligence) —Skynet (https://terminator.fandom.com/wiki/Skynet)— becomes self-aware and starts a nuclear war on the United States of America (https://terminator.fandom.com/wiki/United_States_of_America), Russia (https://terminator.fandom.com/wiki/Russia), and other places, killing three billion people.