PDA

View Full Version : ATPL theory training

RHLMcG
31st Oct 2023, 06:46
I am looking at course options for a young colleague in Melbourne. Does anyone have any useful feedback regarding a course run by a group operating out of the Qantas sim centre at Airport West. They appear to be new on the block but the website really doesn't give much in the way of substantive information ie long on claims but short on detail. I would be far more impressed if they, for example, cited who the course authors and presenters might be ?

Website is

ATPL Theory (atpl-theory.com.au) (https://www.atpl-theory.com.au/)

Charizard90
31st Oct 2023, 09:36
There is no better subject matter expert than Nathan Higgins at AFT. Everything can be self studied with his text books, however, I suggest attending the flight planning course. Worth every cent.

Who22
31st Oct 2023, 10:04
Not sure about ‘ATPL Theory’, but as Charizard said I would recommend AFT. If you self study the subjects, AFT provide physical study material and also have online practice exams for each subject.

RHLMcG
1st Nov 2023, 23:19
Thanks for the comments re Nathan's course. I know of him.

However, do any of the PPRuNe group have any knowledge of the folk operating from Airport West as I know naught about them other than the glossy stuff I see on their website.