PDA

View Full Version : Braniff International Airways Flight 352 - 1968

fireflybob
26th Oct 2023, 14:55
Interesting that the CVR only came into the public domain in April this year - the last five minutes of this video explains why.

Braniff International Airways Flight 352

RIP

Capt Scribble
26th Oct 2023, 17:36
Fascinating. I suspect a lot of aircraft were lost that way in the Bermuda triangle; no idea what happened to the lost ships though!

70 Mustang
27th Oct 2023, 14:54
That painfully long blog only needed to be about 5 minutes added on after the ATC and aircraft voice recordings.

dixi188
27th Oct 2023, 21:07
I don't watch much on youtube as there is usually far too much waffle before we get to the interesting bit.
In the simulation the Electra has a fire fighting tank underneath? Couldn't he find a passenger one?

punkalouver
27th Oct 2023, 21:31
I don't watch much on youtube as there is usually far too much waffle before we get to the interesting bit.
In the simulation the Electra has a fire fighting tank underneath? Couldn't he find a passenger one?
Too much time talking about and setting up the weather briefing instead of simply telling us there was a cold front creating strong storms. Agreed, way too long, skipped over part of it. I prefer Mentour pilot, go check out the excellent accident analysis videos.

I am not sure about the recording. There is no background noise. Is that because it was filtered out. Plus, I find it difficult to believe that there was no cockpit talk in the last few seconds when the was an upset with a bank over 90 degrees.

Even non-pilots understand a line of severe thunderstorms creating heavy turbulence in a 30 second explanation. That instead of losing focus on totally unnecessary stuff. Go to Mentour Pilot for the best and most focused videos that are easy for a non-pilot to understand.

In addition, I looked at this report. The CVR words are in the report. This video made it seem like the words had never been released(misleading), just the actual voice sound, which is unnecessary anyways.

bean
27th Oct 2023, 23:58
Too much time talking about and setting up the weather briefing instead of simply telling us there was a cold front creating strong storms. Agreed, way too long, skipped over part of it. I prefer Mentour pilot, go check out the excellent accident analysis videos.

I am not sure about the recording. There is no background noise. Is that because it was filtered out. Plus, I find it difficult to believe that there was no cockpit talk in the last few seconds when the was an upset with a bank over 90 degrees.
That channel is not designed for professional pilots hence the explanations. The CVR was edited, condensed and cleaned up over many hours using 21s century technology