PDA

View Full Version : Advice on pro-flight universities?

bsully24
25th Oct 2023, 22:59
Hey everyone, I'm looking to be a commercial pilot (hopefully with United at some point), and my goal is to go through a part 141 program. I've already been accepted into a few schools, but I'd love some inside advice on how the programs are doing as I know that everything is crazy right now with the influx of pilot trainees. I would love to hear your take on it if you know anything about how San Jose State University, Florida Memorial University, Jacksonville University, Lewis University, Purdue, or Auburn have been doing recently.

Additionally, I know for some schools it could be helpful to get my PPL before attending, but where I live the flying is incredibly limited and I would not be able to get my PPL here so my only other option to get it before attending school would be to get it in the mainland in an accelerated program. Would that be worth it?

VariablePitchP
26th Oct 2023, 12:01
Hey everyone, I'm looking to be a commercial pilot (hopefully with United at some point), and my goal is to go through a part 141 program. I've already been accepted into a few schools, but I'd love some inside advice on how the programs are doing as I know that everything is crazy right now with the influx of pilot trainees. I would love to hear your take on it if you know anything about how San Jose State University, Florida Memorial University, Jacksonville University, Lewis University, Purdue, or Auburn have been doing recently.

Additionally, I know for some schools it could be helpful to get my PPL before attending, but where I live the flying is incredibly limited and I would not be able to get my PPL here so my only other option to get it before attending school would be to get it in the mainland in an accelerated program. Would that be worth it?

This forum is more UK/EU/AUS based so may not get anything helpful.

And yes we’re all jealous, enjoy your 7 figure salary :{

bsully24
26th Oct 2023, 21:44
This forum is more UK/EU/AUS based so may not get anything helpful.

And yes we’re all jealous, enjoy your 7 figure salary :{

Oh dang I didn't know that but thanks for the heads up. And yea hopefully someday 😂