PDA

View Full Version : Emerald Take-over Streamline

Larfin' Boy
2nd Sep 2002, 13:10
Emerald Airways has just bought out the Streamline Group of Companies, effective 29th August 2002.

The two companies will merge over the next 6-12 months and operate both the HS-748's and Shorts 360's. No job losses are anticipated.

B222
2nd Sep 2002, 22:00
Way to go ! Streamline will be on a roll now !!

smellster
3rd Sep 2002, 00:09
It's rumoured that all Emerald crew will now be on Streamline payscales, and if you argue you'll have to fly the Shorts 330 for 4 weeks as punishment...... apart from you 748 drivers who are suffering punishment enough.

luv

smellster

hushkit77
3rd Sep 2002, 14:20
so whats the stream payscale like then???
:eek:

Dreamweaver
3rd Sep 2002, 14:57
Can't actually be described as a scale - but very generous all the same buddy:D

DW

Night Freight 1
3rd Sep 2002, 21:44
Well done all at Emerald and welcome to all at StreamLine. Remember we are getting bigger by being better.

Luke SkyToddler
4th Sep 2002, 20:19
I wonder whether the newly merged company will be continuing with Streamline's practice, of charging wannabe's unfeasibly large amounts of cash up front for a shed rating with no guarantee of a job at the end of it? :rolleyes:

Lee-a-Roady Moor
4th Sep 2002, 21:41
Sometime ago, I enquired about a shed rating with Streamline - sent couple of letters, emails and finally rang them. Got some very basic information with a 'promise' of the full details being sent out to me. Still looking forward to receiving them........! They didn't give me that 'warm' feeling that I was hoping for!

smellster
4th Sep 2002, 22:32
I thought this thread was about Emerald taking over Streamline, not a general discussion between people who have 'issues' with Streamline's type rating course.

Start a new thread on Wannabees if you want a discussion about it.

agcat
9th Sep 2002, 19:08
So if Emerald have taken over Streamline - what becomes
of the Streamline MD , and Streamline Ops Manager and the Ops staff??
Presumably Emerald will run it all from Liverpool??
No need for duplicated staff??? Emerald need a/c and pilots only??

names again

Roger de Rofton
11th Sep 2002, 21:38
You gotta be kidding. With Emerald not being able to keep hold of Ops staff, I'd have thought an injection of people would have been an advantage. Mind, they won't stay long!

RdR

;)

The Claw
21st Sep 2002, 12:49
How come the pay is never "generous" when it comes to buying the beers? :D :D

Give me a call sometime, those beers are overdue. :p

canberra
22nd Sep 2002, 14:07
i had 4 months working in emerald ops, never ever again will i work in an airline ops room. the job ive just started pays the same basic as emerald were going to pay me after id finished my probation, and when my pay gets reviewed in 3 months time(just in time for xmas!!!) i'll be on 8k more. and as for mo'b he would be a nice person if he could learn some tolerance and stop going around with his hair on fire, and yes i've worked with worse people than him.

Uncle Cracker
22nd Sep 2002, 19:44
Believe me, I can fully appreciate where you're coming from. However, never say never. I now work in a properly structured and resourced ops department having also said similar things to yourself. I am very happy and on good money. My only advice to you is don't automatically preclude any given options over what I fully understand to have been a bad time for you. The good jobs are out there too!! ;)