PDA

View Full Version : AeroMexico AM2687 Austin to Mexico City - diversion and wingstrike

rb14
24th Oct 2023, 19:01
A seasoned traveller friend on board this flight that was diverted to Queretaro. An announcement made was that Mexico City was "too congested to land" there. A strange approach at QRO but then the plot thickens. After refuelling, the plane departed QRO for MEX and passengers on the other side of the plane reported a wingtip strike on landing at MEX approximately 12.03 local. METAR looks benign to say the least. MMMX 241729Z 24006KT 7SM FEW025 SCT220 23/09 A3028 NOSIG RMK 8/109 HZY AC. I'm not seeing the QRO - MEX flight on FR24.

DIBO
24th Oct 2023, 20:32
and passengers on the other side of the plane reported a wingtip strike on landing at MEX What!!?? They only reported it?? No videos on social media!!?? Standards are dropping...
Here is some news for those passengers: the tip of the wing pointing upwards, is by design, it's even on both sides like that. And the wing waggling upon landing is just to avoid hitting hospitals and kindergartens. It's all in a day's work ;)

A strange approach at QROnot really 'strange', maybe a bit uncommon, but that's a full VOR approach being flown

I'm not seeing the QRO - MEX flight on FR24.you will now :ok: and the same airplane is even doing right now it's next flight, MEX - VER

S.o.S.
25th Oct 2023, 21:50
DIBO Was that a slightly too smart reply? Perhaps a few more emojis to show you really were tongue in cheek. It seemed like a genuine enquiry to me.