PDA

View Full Version : Wing Support post for a Biplane

1WizKid
23rd Oct 2023, 15:41
I recently purchased a wooden beam with metal brackets on each end that gives support to the top and bottom wings of a biplane. I'd love to post a picture to see if anyone can help me identify more details, perhaps even identify the model of plane it came from but looks like I need 8 posts before I can upload a picture. Could you respond to this thread if you think you might be able to help provide more details on this item? If there are folks here, I'll keep posting until I hit my 8 so I can upload a picture.

Quemerford
24th Oct 2023, 03:44
Saw your BE.2 post elsewhere: would love to see what you've got there. It sounds like you also have an interplane strut, which often carried a maker's decal (or traces of), so it's possible that both might be identifiable.

Keep posting!

1WizKid
25th Oct 2023, 16:41
Yes, there are some small markings on this strut. On one end is the small imprint of what I would say is a prop (it is 4-leaf clover shaped) along with a small circle with the letters "C. E. C." inside of it. The first "C" could be a "G". On the other end is the number "4". On the other side, pressed into the wood is a serial number: 23772.

As soon as I can post a picture, I will.

Thanks!