PDA

View Full Version : Boeing school of Aeronautics, Oakland, CA

1WizKid
23rd Oct 2023, 15:35
I recently came across a diary of sorts. It's labeled "The Jackass Club" and shears to be a diary compiled by the original students of the Boeing School of Aeronautics. It's entries start in 1929 which is the year the school opened. I know this is a total shot in the dark, but does anyone have any insight into the "Jackass Club" and this boeing school?

Fargo Boyle
24th Oct 2023, 10:40
The original School is now the site of the Oakland Aviation Museum, they might have some archive material?

Oakland Aviation Museum (https://www.oaklandaviationmuseum.org/) if you can't see the link (forum problem) it's www . oaklandaviationmuseum . org without the spaces.
Also might be worth contacting the Museum of Flight in Seattle?

1WizKid
25th Oct 2023, 18:09
Another comment I'll make about this diary. After looking at it more closely, the students are making entries about mississauga they have made while flying. It appears that that earns you the right to make an entry into this book. Each every includes a photograph of the person and a short bio. It's a fascinating look into early Aeronautics. Wondering if some famous folks/early pioneers of aviation are listed in here.