PDA

View Full Version : TCCA AW139 Electrical Fire Proceedure?

pitchlink
16th Oct 2023, 18:49
I am looking for the AW139 TCCA procedure that used to be available for the AW139 electrical fire (Not sure if it is still approved)? It involved pulling a whole heap of CBs to isolate the Essential busses if I remember correctly. Does anyone out there have a copy they could share?

212man
17th Oct 2023, 13:03
Is this what you are after?

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/615x810/image_a9490eb7fcdba21604221e9251cbf43cbbac965f.png
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/540x829/image_e8e7bb64207d3a797d86c46a03b6f1b3b4659231.png

pitchlink
17th Oct 2023, 16:53
Thanks 212man, that is the one. I have a copy of the yellow pages inserted for TCCA RFM but that does not seem to be included. Do you know if it is still valid/approved? Do you have a copy of the yellow page with the CB setup?

212man
17th Oct 2023, 17:08
Thanks 212man, that is the one. I have a copy of the yellow pages inserted for TCCA RFM but that does not seem to be included. Do you know if it is still valid/approved? Do you have a copy of the yellow page with the CB setup?
Nothing to hand. I may have the FCOM on a drive but I’m away from home right now.

Captain Catastrophy
18th Oct 2023, 10:08
Attached, i think that's what you are after. AS to validity, don't know.

tottigol
20th Oct 2023, 00:42
I am looking for the AW139 TCCA procedure that used to be available for the AW139 electrical fire (Not sure if it is still approved)? It involved pulling a whole heap of CBs to isolate the Essential busses if I remember correctly. Does anyone out there have a copy they could share?

To isolate MB2 Pull Bus Contr1 and Bus Contr2 breakers, THEN turn off GEN 2, this to prevent the BUS TIE from closing automatically (Bus contr1 and Bus contr2 control the BUS TIE logic)
To isolate MB1 flip Battery Main OFF and of course GEN 1 OFF.
To isolate ESS 2, pull the Ess TIe CB and Auxiliary Battery CIRCUIT BREAKER, as opposed to one large North Sea operator emergency checklist that have you turn off the Auxiliary Battery switch (it has been many years, hopefully they finally caught the mistake after refusing to make the change following repeated suggestions).
Essential 1 is not isolated that's why TCCA has mandated color coded breakers collars.
Procedure is a great toll to learn electrical system functionality, but in the real world just put it down somewhere safe.
Are you telling us that the yellow Canadian pages have gone from the Electrical Fire checklist?

pitchlink
11th Nov 2023, 16:38
Hi Tottigol,
Many thanks. The yellow pages for this are not in the copy of the TCCA RFM I have. It is not an approved procedure for the Authorities I fly for but if the worst happened, offshore, night and an hour away from anywhere it is worth a thoug!ht