PDA

View Full Version : TLV security simply the best .

oldtora
8th Oct 2023, 20:25
I'd like to give a thumbs-up to TLV security . They don't take their eyes off the ball . When I go through the interviews and searches , I congratulate them for a job well done .

redsnail
9th Oct 2023, 11:07
They do a good job and they are professionals and very well trained. The first time I went in, the full monty re interviews and passport search. Extremely thorough and no point in lying, they already knew what you'd been up to. They separated me from my colleague and continued the interviews. Later that week, we were interviewed together.
Subsequent times, much less intense with the interviews, so much so, these days they hardly bother.

davidjohnson6
9th Oct 2023, 21:57
I've never before or since had the equivalent of MI5 waiting for me as a greeting party on the apron before I even walked down the aircraft steps, recognising me and saying "Hi, we would like a chat" even before I entered the terminal.

PAXboy
10th Oct 2023, 09:30
dj6 If I was greeted like that, I think I would need the loo very quickly! On a more cheerful note when I was recognised on disembarcation ... LHR T2 in the mid-1990s. I was returning from a biz trip in Oslo and, as I walked up the jetway, my cousin was waiting at the 'elbow' when you turn to go up into the terminal. She was working for (what is now) Border Force and was on the lookout for certain people. I learnt the plan was to nab them before they got to Passport control and find out what they were up to.

We greeted each other and walked off up the jetway together. A ground staff member of SAS ran after us anxious to find out if they had carried an infidel into LHR. They had only seen us walking away and not that we had hugged and kiised!

redsnail
11th Oct 2023, 12:36
PAXboy,

That still happens re Border Force meeting aircraft before immigration. This does happen in other European airports as well. I just smile and wave :D

Mr Mac
11th Oct 2023, 20:32
The Peninsula Hotel in HK do it rather well as well , however at a cost 😉

Cheers
Mr Mac

PAXboy
11th Oct 2023, 20:35
Ah yes. Mr Mac. Do they still have the Green Rolls-Royces?

DaveReidUK
11th Oct 2023, 22:34
I've never before or since had the equivalent of MI5 waiting for me as a greeting party on the apron before I even walked down the aircraft steps, recognising me and saying "Hi, we would like a chat" even before I entered the terminal.

I hadn't even got out of my seat before meeting the reception committee. :O

When the Trident came to a halt on the ramp at TLV, the cabin crew asked everyone to remain seated. A couple of swarthy guys carrying Uzis came on board and walked up and down the aisle before coming to a halt beside me and a mate (both travelling on ID90s). We were invited to accompany them down the steps, where we were duly frisked and given the third-degree about our intentions in Israel. Finally, we were wished a pleasant stay and sent on our way.

Asturias56
12th Oct 2023, 07:44
just putting the frighteners on the rest of the pax

oldtora
15th Oct 2023, 23:27
PAXboy,

That still happens re Border Force meeting aircraft before immigration. This does happen in other European airports as well. I just smile and wave :D

Once I departed a Northwest 747 in Manila . Whilst in the passport queue two burly blokes in uniform faced me , and one said to the other , "That's Him" . I had presence of mind to say : "That's Me" . Never saw them again .