PDA

View Full Version : Pressing 2 for TLV?

Monarch Man
7th Oct 2023, 21:24
Hopefully anyone possessing an ounce of self preservation will develop an ear infection or a bad cough and press 2.
One wonders if EK group security had any advanced notice?
Ahhh the joys of working in the Middle East.

VThokie2
9th Oct 2023, 15:09
Hopefully anyone possessing an ounce of self preservation will develop an ear infection or a bad cough and press 2.
One wonders if EK group security had any advanced notice?
Ahhh the joys of working in the Middle East.

Big picture you would probably be on the safest plane going in and out of there. No way Hamas would go after a UAE flagged aircraft, quickest way to get the Gulf Arab states to completely abandon any support for them.

bongo bongo
10th Oct 2023, 04:43
UAE is friend with Israel since few years, are you sure that they support Hamas?

VThokie2
10th Oct 2023, 05:03
UAE is friend with Israel since few years, are you sure that they support Hamas?

No one is suggesting that. The fact is UAE is tiptoeing through this riding the fence. If Hamas start threatening UAE assets and interests the UAE would throw their full weight behind Israel in this conflict (which currently they are not, or at least not openly).

PositiveRate876
19th Oct 2023, 13:54
Big picture you would probably be on the safest plane going in and out of there. No way Hamas would go after a UAE flagged aircraft, quickest way to get the Gulf Arab states to completely abandon any support for them.

Would the Russians go after a Malaysian aircraft? Surely not! But they shot down MAS17.

Would the Iranians go after a Ukrainian aircraft? Surely not! But they shot down AUI752.

The threat of miscalculation during a war is real. Were the two civilian casualties above not a good enough lesson?

Do not fly civilian aircraft through an active war zone.

More info here: https://ops.group/blog/airspace-risk-tel-aviv-is-still-busy-and-it-shouldnt-be/

777boyo
20th Oct 2023, 04:10
Until all flights to TLV are suspended, the only problem with pressing 2 is that someone else will be hauled out from reserve to cover the flight. I'm out of the game now, but that option never seemed fair to me while I was there.

VThokie2
20th Oct 2023, 12:17
Would the Russians go after a Malaysian aircraft? Surely not! But they shot down MAS17.

Would the Iranians go after a Ukrainian aircraft? Surely not! But they shot down AUI752.

The threat of miscalculation during a war is real. Were the two civilian casualties above not a good enough lesson?

Do not fly civilian aircraft through an active war zone.

More info here: https://ops.group/blog/airspace-risk-tel-aviv-is-still-busy-and-it-shouldnt-be/

I said safEST, not to be confused with safe! Eyeroll

Desertboki
20th Oct 2023, 14:26
Just send EK passengers with Flydubai.They never stop flying anywhere. If anything happens its cheap collateral damage.