PDA

View Full Version : Oil Rigs in Australia (East Sale - Victoria)

Sguardone
28th Sep 2023, 20:31
Hi everyone, I am a former Military helicopter pilot, I've recently moved to Melbourne (Australia) from Europe and I will be looking for jobs soon.

I would like some info about oil rigs jobs in the East Sale area or, more specifically, from people who had experience working for CHC in East Sale, either Captain or Co-Pilot. How's the job, how much flying you get, what are the rosters, or any other relevant information you deem important to know (the pay would be a plus).

Thanks in advance.

ersa
29th Sep 2023, 10:57
CHC operate the RAF SAR contract out of east sale, in AW139'S. The rig runs are operated by ESSO, in AW139's. They are Day ops only, with a night medevac coverage. A job agency Brunel last advertised offering $1800 per day on contract.

rrekn
29th Sep 2023, 23:48
If you want something closer to Melbourne, Offshore Services Australia (OSA, now part of CHC) also have the contract for Beach Energy operating AW139s out of Tooradin and Worrnambool.

Contract is up for renewal in 12 months through, and ideas on who will take over?

Sguardone
30th Sep 2023, 03:53
CHC operate the RAF SAR contract out of east sale, in AW139'S. The rig runs are operated by ESSO, in AW139's. They are Day ops only, with a night medivac coverage. A job agency Brunel last advertised offering $1800 per day on contract.

Thanks for the info, I’ve read the Brunel ad couple of months ago and I noticed the pay….Is that amount “normal” for that kind of job?

Nescafe
30th Sep 2023, 07:25
Offshore Services Australia (OSA, now part of CHC) also have the contract for Beach Energy operating AW139s out of Tooradin and Worrnambool.

​​​​​​​Your info is out of date by about 72hrs.

rrekn
30th Sep 2023, 11:27
Your info is out of date by about 72hrs.

​​​​​​​Do tell?

Nescafe
30th Sep 2023, 20:57
Ok, here goes. OSA(CHC) no longer have the Beach Energy contract.

Sguardone
30th Sep 2023, 23:41
If you want something closer to Melbourne, Offshore Services Australia (OSA, now part of CHC) also have the contract for Beach Energy operating AW139s out of Tooradin and Worrnambool.

Contract is up for renewal in 12 months through, and ideas on who will take over?

I was about to say that this was amazing news given that I live in the peninsula....what's going to happen now? Is anyone taking over?

rrekn
1st Oct 2023, 00:31
So who's taking over?

Nescafe
1st Oct 2023, 00:52
All I know is I work for PHI, and it’s not us.

nowherespecial
2nd Oct 2023, 08:24
New operator won. Start mid January. 2x AW139s.

Bomber ARIS
2nd Oct 2023, 08:46
Is it forbidden to say who actually won the contract?

nowherespecial
2nd Oct 2023, 09:02
They don't have a trading name yet.

Squeaks
2nd Oct 2023, 09:17
A little birdie mentioned Integrated Helicopter Services 🙊

ihelis.com.au

Bomber ARIS
2nd Oct 2023, 09:40
A zero substance web page....

.... stating "an Australian owned company that provides helicopter passenger transport services"...

... while displaying a photo of a UK registered EC175...

Nescafe
3rd Oct 2023, 00:03
Mighty oaks grow from little acorns. Bond/Babcock/OSA started with a single aircraft contract and that became so big that CHC had to buy it just to stay in the market.

It’ll be very interesting to see how CHC’s other clients play their cards now that some of the best rotary aviation managers are back in business.

Sguardone
3rd Oct 2023, 00:12
Is it the "normality" to get asked to pay for the type rating? This happened with Esso for the job advertised few months ago.

Blackhawk9
3rd Oct 2023, 01:25
Is it the "normality" to get asked to pay for the type rating? This happened with Esso for the job advertised few months ago.
What did you fly? And do you have your CASA ATPL(H) ? OSA are looking for S-92 and H175 pilots and they are training quite new pilots now (92 first twin for some).

Sguardone
3rd Oct 2023, 03:45
I've flown MRH-90, Huey, md500 and ab206. I have CPL and IR, not ATPL (got the hours, not the exams yet).

Blackhawk9
3rd Oct 2023, 04:08
As I said apply to OSA they are recruiting now.

Sguardone
3rd Oct 2023, 04:28
As I said apply to OSA they are recruiting now.

Thanks, I will! ;)

Nescafe
3rd Oct 2023, 04:35
It’s worth remembering that in Oz most adverts will ask for a type rating, but if you don’t have it, it’s always worth applying anyway!

megan
3rd Oct 2023, 05:46
Is it the "normality" to get asked to pay for the type rating? This happened with Esso for the job advertised few months agoThe last I heard was that pilots are on personal contracts rather than company employees, much easier to downsize or other wise able to cut the work force size, so if you want the contract and don't have the rating they'll charge you and you can claim the cost on your tax.

Bravo73
3rd Oct 2023, 08:04
I have CPL and IR, not ATPL (got the hours, not the exams yet).

Have you got a CASA CPL(H)/IR or an EASA one?

Sguardone
4th Oct 2023, 00:02
Have you got a CASA CPL(H)/IR or an EASA one?

I’ve got an FAA converting into CASA.

Thanks Nescafe and megan for the info, that’s very helpful.