PDA

View Full Version : Class 1 medical restrictions

crabsticks
24th Sep 2023, 04:57
G'day all.

I'm trying to figure my future prospects with a recent multi-crew restriction on my class 1 medical.

I'm in the midst reviewing a job offer to go instructing, operating on the current blanket exemption that allows it.
This appears to be as far as I could realistically go in aviation.

I've had a comment on another post that states that most overseas airlines require an unrestricted class 1.
The career pages of Alliance, Rex and Qantaslink simply ask for a current class 1 medical and do not specifically mention restrictions.

Can any Aussies comment on this?

Ollie Onion
25th Sep 2023, 11:07
Mate, I work for a large Aussie based airline and regularly fly with people who have multi crew only medical restrictions so don't give up due to that.

Horatio Leafblower
25th Sep 2023, 21:44
I am flying on a restricted Class 1 and a full Class 2 after my Aortic Valve was replaced in 2021.
I was going through the same head noise as you but a mate of mine is a medico who has worked at QF and VA, and he assurred me it is no issue for them.

It is a pain in the arse as a Charter pilot in single-engine aircraft tho. :rolleyes:

crabsticks
27th Sep 2023, 08:26
Thank you, Ollie Onion and Horatio Leafblower.

It seems like there's still a chance since the door isn't completely closed... I'll give it one more try and see what happens. 🤷‍♂️

Cheers.