PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice on beginning ATPL course

HopefulFuturePilot
23rd Sep 2023, 20:21
Hi guys, apologies if there is a specific thread for these questions, I’m new to using this forum! I’m looking to begin a career as an airline pilot, a goal I have aspired to achieve since my childhood but ended up being put on the back burner due to finances. I’m the first in my family ti pursue this and sadly have no contacts to rely on for information regarding the industry. I have recently applied for both cadet programmes with Aer Lingus and British Airways and unfortunately I was not successful in my application to both.

While disappointed, I am now in a better position to fund my own training, at least from the perspective of getting a loan to pay for the course. I’m just wondering if anyone, particularly if there is anyone who has gone through the process in Ireland, that would have any advice on where to apply for such a loan ie. Bank, credit union etc?

My second question is with regards to how I should prepare for an application to an aviation academy. I have been practicing the CUT-E tests along with SDJs and other personality tests for the assessments but I was wondering, do I need to have a Class 1 medical obtained before I apply? Any advice would be welcome related to starting out in this journey. Thanks a million!