PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard of AERO'S FTO?

CentrifugalBaby
5th Dec 2001, 17:49
I know this is the age old question, but WHAT FLYING SCHOOL SHOULD I GO TO? Has anybody heard of Aero's FTO? They offer relatively competitive prices compared to sum FTO's, The CPL (£4155) they offer is based on 18hrs in a warrior and 7hrs in a arrow, is this enough time to get used to a complex single in time for the test? Should I pay that extra and get more hours in the test a/c? Also how strict are the examiners for CPL (one mistake and that's it sunny) Also anybody know why my balls havent dropped yet I'm 24!
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Cheers

JT8
5th Dec 2001, 18:02
I've heard good things about them - hope to do my IMC with them soon, so may be give you some better feedback then.

Good luck, JT8

wallup
5th Dec 2001, 18:34
I'm a member at Aeros, did CPL with them.

Excellent club, good facilities and good people there.

25 hours may be enough, it depends on how quickly you take to it, how hard you work and how the wx treats you.

As for examiners - well, positive attitude and all that, you can partial your GFT and have another shot at the bit you fail.

Go down and have a look at them, you won't be disappointed.

Snigs
5th Dec 2001, 21:56
I did my CPL (and twin rating) at Aeros and found it a very friendly. They have excellent instructors and a superb airfield to work from. I passed in 25 hours although I already had 70 hours on an Arrow so the complex single was no problem.

I finished my CPL before the Oxford Training School pulled out of EGBJ but I believe that Aeros employed some of their instructors, I can't speak for them but Roy and Pete are superb!

keeders
6th Dec 2001, 01:26
Do you mean Aeros that are based at Gloucester /Filton???

If so, I am doing my PPL with them. In my view (which is slightly limited as this is only my first step on the training ladder) I have no problem in recommnending them. The standard of instruction is good, the instructors are a good bunch whose priority is not to take your money but to help you train in the most cost efficient way possible.

If you want ny further info, please email me.

Keeders