PDA

View Full Version : CAA Class 1 Medical Newbie queries

Jamezon
20th Sep 2023, 10:26
Hi,

My query relates to pre-existing/legacy conditions and how to handle them viz a Class 1 Medical.

1) Depression- if I was previously medicated with SSRI and this treatment has now stopped- how long does this need to be the case for it to be a non-issue and will I be re-assessed in any case?
2) Migraine/headaches- how will this be evidenced, eg. being attack-free, ongoing use of propanolol etc? If I have not visited a GP in some time but am on ongoing medication, is this a positive or still negative in that I am still in treatment even if it is well managed/ no longer an issue? As with SSRI above, how long clear of propanolol use to you need to be for this to be ok for an unrestricted cert?
3) Overweight/ obesity- sure I read somewhere that a BMI of 35+ would bar you as unfit. Does this mean that a low obesity/overweight classification is passable if general health is otherwise ok?

Appreciate that no two people are the same but I don't want to go down the rabbit hole with a medical if it will almost certainly result in disappointment.
On a more general note, does the examiner see/ request your health records in addition to the findings of the medical on the day?

Thanks.