PDA

View Full Version : I want to make a graph

73qanda
20th Sep 2023, 02:18
Hi all,
I want to make a graph. Actually, make that two graphs, One for Australia and one for the Kiwis.
On the X axis will be 1970-2023
On the Y axis will be ‘Narrow body pilot annual earnings as a % of National median income’.
I can easily find the National median income data online but the pilot earnings seems tricky to find.
What I would like from any narrow body pilots willing, is data from a while back, as far back as possible while still being accurate with the figures, on what you were earning before tax. I’ll do a line for F/O’s as well as Captains. Narrow body jet is all I’m interested in. This is purely for my personal interest.
Format could look like this:

Year
County
Rank
Salary

Cheers

73qanda
20th Sep 2023, 02:24
Year -2012
Country- NZ
Rank -F/O
Taxable Income- $93,000

Lapon
20th Sep 2023, 03:45
Earnings before tax or salary?
The former jumps all over the place for most pilots depending on work load each year and incentive structure.

Salary would be easier to track down, but some circles in particular here don't like to talk about base pay and insist on including everything such as overtime - which is ridiculous as most pilots can't dictate how much overtime they are going to do (beyond not accepting any).

Checkboard
20th Sep 2023, 07:25
The contract structure was different for different companies, though. Post 89 Ansett contracts were based on 75 hours per month, with overtime over that, while National Jet salaries on the same aircraft where structured on 50 hours per month, with over time over that, even though the hours worked per month where roughly the same.

AerocatS2A
20th Sep 2023, 08:24
The contract structure was different for different companies, though. Post 89 Ansett contracts were based on 75 hours per month, with overtime over that, while National Jet salaries on the same aircraft where structured on 50 hours per month, with over time over that, even though the hours worked per month where roughly the same.
Quoting taxable income does away with all that though, it's simply asking what you were paid in a particular year.

73qanda
20th Sep 2023, 09:17
Let’s just make it taxable income.